How Does My Stock List Look?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That's a tough one, because it's not an ideal situation.
Id get them all in the 36 to begin with, and you could start moving guys over to the 75 the next day. Just keep in mind it's a gamble either way.
If you have one sick fish in the new batch, then all 8 new fish could get sick.
If you put a sick fish in the show tank than the fish you already have could get sick.
These are precautions, good chance you'll get 8 healthy fish, but it happens.
I skipped quarantine on my $65 Itungi, because he looked really good, but he ended up having Ich. And I infected my whole tank.
Ideally you want to isolate each fish, but in this case id isolate the new fish first, and rule them healthy one by one.
But definitely don't want to put the water they arrive in in your tank.

Def. will NOT be adding the water they come in to my tank. I will take your advice and net them from a bucket one by one. And I hear ya on the whole not wanting to add fish only to find out they are sick, and in turn got all my other fish sick. I guess I'll have to buy some clay pots and/or pvc pipes for the 36g over the weekend.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I just ordered some extra strength Melafix for cichlids. Figured it'd be safer to have it handy just in case any of the new fish are sick. Thanks again for all your help Squirrilah, I would be so lost without you!

I got it on PetMountain.com. 8oz bottle is on sale for a little over $7. Picked up 2 bottles for a little over $20 with a 10% off coupon. Let me know if you want the code and I can PM it to you!

Hopefully you'll get 8 healthy fish. Typically they start out healthy, but diseases like Ich especially, can just be in the water, but the fish are healthy enough to fight it off. When they are moved/shipped they get stressed and become susceptible. That's what happened with my Itungi.

I got it on PetMountain.com. 8oz bottle is on sale for a little over $7. Picked up 2 bottles for a little over $20 with a 10% off coupon. Let me know if you want the code and I can PM it to you!

Ya definitely.

Hopefully you'll get 8 healthy fish. Typically they start out healthy, but diseases like Ich especially, can just be in the water, but the fish are healthy enough to fight it off. When they are moved/shipped they get stressed and become susceptible. That's what happened with my Itungi.

Yea I know what you mean, considering alot of us have bought fish that appeared healthy at the LFS, only to see signs of ich a day or two after we add them to our tanks. Dang stress!

I was juat gonna ask if you picked them up yet or not haha. Be sure to take pics! My fish are doing better, the sunshine still has a bit of cloudy eye, but everyone is good. Aggression has subsided to a bearable level as well. Still need to place my order for new fish. Just finalizing my list. I did see that Butch got some Blue Neons in stock....ahhhh!!! Debating if I should rework my stock list again haha.

Oh that was funny.

I told my GF I was driving to Kaysville to get a fish, and she was like, " what the hell? Your retarded"
So I googled it, and showed her, and she was like, " OMG! I'll see you later"

hahaha awesome! So I take it you got them all home okay?

On my way home now. I picked up 3 for $12. They're pretty small, nothing to really look at. I can't even tell male or female.

Did you get to see the parents? What do you think/hope you got M/F ratio wise?

The parents look great! Two of the females were holding. The male has great colors.
They're so small it's impossible to tell, and I didn't really get to hand pick then out. He basically grabbed a handful and let me say "that one"
If I had to guess from what I have seen id say I have 2 males and 1 female.
I'm going to look at em and take pictures when they get a little more settled in tomorrow.
I don't think they are used to clean water and space, they're just laying on the bottom right now.
But it was a long drive in a bag.

The parents look great! Two of the females were holding. The male has great colors.
They're so small it's impossible to tell, and I didn't really get to hand pick then out. He basically grabbed a handful and let me say "that one"
If I had to guess from what I have seen id say I have 2 males and 1 female.
I'm going to look at em and take pictures when they get a little more settled in tomorrow.
I don't think they are used to clean water and space, they're just laying on the bottom right now.
But it was a long drive in a bag.

GAAAH! I wish you could've gotten some pics of the parents! Hopefully they are all settled in nicely and are doing well. Be sure to keep me updated!

*Sidenote, below was my final list for my fish order, but unfortunately, the seller no longer has the Iceberg available.

1. Aulonocara Steveni Blue Neon - SINCE YOU GOT SOME, I HAD TO!! :D
2. Aulonocara Mamela Lemon Jake
3. Aulonocara Maulana Bi Color
4. Aulonocara Ruby Red
5. Aulonocara Maylandi
6. Otopharynx Tetrastigma
7. Sciaenochromis Fryeri Iceberg
8. Placidochromis Electra Likoma Deep Water Hap

He suggested the following....

Aulonocara hansbaenschi Red Flash
Aulonocara Maleri Chidunga
Placidochromis spec. Jalo Reef

I was also thinking maybe the Ngara, seeing as how the one I thought was the Ngara is most likely not haha.

I was wondering if I can get your opinion on which would be the best fit?

Here's my current list for reference.

1. OB Hybrid Peacock
2. Dragon Blood / Firefish
3. Red Empress
4. Benga Sunshine
5. Taiwan Reef Peacock
6. Eureka Red Jake
7. Regal Blue
8. Aulonocara jacobfreibergi Cape Maclear
9. Otopharynx lithobates Zimbawe Rock

Thanks!!!

I believe the ones I got are stuartgranti chiwindi.

I'm so happy you posted about the red flash hansbaenschi.

I have one of those but had NO IDEA what it was called!

Stock list looks good. You might have some issues with the similar colorized yellow ones.
What I read about neon blues is they don't get along with lemon Jakes. But being overstocked. And having the time out tank you should be ok.

I've maxed out my upload credit, let me see if I can get more.

Back
Top Bottom