Thinking about starting a shell dweller tank! Advice is appreciated!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ok. I thought it was a bit farfetched. But it must be more so towards as minimal as possible so they don't get disturbed with your hands in the tank daily lol I do the rest of my tanks weekly so they will likely follow the same schedule.

These guys seem pretty cool so I'm looking forward to setting up a tank for them sometime! I hope my stores around here get them in from time to time. It will be cool to have kind of a different setup with a more bare tank with shells along with my rocky mbuna tank and my girlfriends community tank

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I've read the reason that people don't do such often maintenance weekly, is because lake tang has usually stable levels, and if you change one of those parameters too quickly, then the fish will die from shock. But that's only what I have read, don't shoot the messenger ?

Sent via echolocation

I've read the reason that people don't do such often maintenance weekly, is because lake tang has usually stable levels, and if you change one of those parameters too quickly, then the fish will die from shock. But that's only what I have read, don't shoot the messenger ?

Sent via echolocation

If that's so, I would assume that you should do the opposite then; small frequent water changes rather than large infrequent ones.

Regardless, Multies and most shellies are pretty hardy IME so far.

I'd think doing smaller ones would be better if that was the case. However maybe it touches more towards stressing them out by messing with things and poking around with a giant tube lol

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom