Turquoise severum cichlid

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Do they need to be in groups and I have a 75g and would they be good with blue rams keyholes a rainbow shark and some fish that are a few inches smaller

Do they need to be in groups and I have a 75g and would they be good with blue rams keyholes a rainbow shark and some fish that are a few inches smaller

Severums and angelfish would work with heartier rams than the blue. Blues might be a little *too*...."wimpy".

Severums need to be at least in 2's. Angels I thought were ok by themselves..

How do you mean wimpy like it will be picked on and what about the other fish I mentioned will they be fine

How do you mean wimpy like it will be picked on and what about the other fish I mentioned will they be fine

Your other fish should be fine... Blue rams are *very* picky about water quality, plants, etc. Bolivians are heartier.. Just as colorful, tho.. They get to be approx. 4", or so.. Blues hit 2-3"..

Ok you said blues get 2 or 3 and the other gets about 4 does a inch matter that much

Ok you said blues get 2 or 3 and the other gets about 4 does a inch matter that much
Not so much as the fact that blues need warmer water and are not suitable in community tanks. Theyre better in species only tanks. Water changes are bigger and more frequent. They have a low tolerance for just about everything.

Dissy are you good on identifying fish sicknesses

Not in the least.. Last fish I had that was sick had ich, and that was probably 20 years ago.. Sorry.. :(

But what's wrong with it? You might be able to type symptoms and fish type in to Google, and get quite a few hits... Wetwebmedia is one that comes up an awful lot - he seems to know what he's talking about...

Back
Top Bottom