29 biocube Reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have a 29 BC as well.
Recommended upgrades: In Tank makes a media basket and fuge basket insert kit for the 29 BC for $81. Would be a great upgrade!
Also, Rapid LED has a dimmable LED retro kit for the 29 BC ( I think it's like $250) which I am going to do soon and start adding sps. This would be an awesome upgrade!
I have problems with my tank running high temps so I open my lids and it stays at 78.
Also, I run my lights for 8 hours. I started at 10 but I had a constant algae problem. Cut them to 8 (1 hr. Actinic, 6 hrs. 50/50, 1 hr. Actinic, then 4 hrs. of the blues) and it went away immediately.
Hope this helps!

I also have a biocube, its been up for about 9 to 10 months. I have a bangai cardinal, a lawnmower blennie, a green clown goby, two false perculas, three blue-green chromises, a falco's hawkfish, a tuxedo urchin, a fire shrimp, bunch of hermits (came with live rock), a sand sifting star, a red thorny star (eats algea not corals), a porcelein crab, two emerald crabs, two pom pom crabs, which by the way I have observed mating, 6 snails, a bunch of kenyan tree coral, green and yellow zoanthids, a torch coral, mushroom coral, xenia, oh and a royal gramma. Talk about run on sentences huh. It seems like a lot, but every fish has a little hiding spot and I add extra plankton everyday just to have enough food for the corals plus there's lots of algea for the algae eaters.

Saturday i added tiny Hector's goby and zoo frag. Found a few small bristle worms. I saw one about an inch.

Yesterday I Did my fist water change, rearranged rock and added one rock . Changed carbon filter.

Can't find goby since yesterday. He was tiny. Did a bristle worm get him?

You just did your first water change? Since it cycled or since adding fish? How much did you change?

1st change ever. No goby on floor. Biocube is closed entirely

I think 7 fish is a lot for a 29 gal. Ive been adding my fish slowly and just now got up to 4 because i always find fish I never thought of or heard of before that are really cool. I think when you stock your tank full from the get go you can tend to get bored because you can't add anything else you find and really like without overstocking.
Then people tend to get rid of fish and add new ones to change things up and that's not fair to the fish. IMO taking it slow is the way to go. Lol!

Returned arrow crab to avoid further carnage (lfs told me arrows
wont hurt peppermints but that isnt the case obviously).

So now tank has:

2 clowns
3 chromis
1 starry Blenny
1 Six-line wrasse
1 Yellow watchman who is probably going to die from harassment (the starry hates him).

1 peppermint
1 tiger pistol shrimp
Sand sifting star
Blue Tuxedo urchin
Regular urchin
3 assorted snails

But for the blenny bullying the goby, everyone is getting along swimmingly.

Grim-Reefer said:
Returned arrow crab to avoid further carnage (lfs told me arrows
wont hurt peppermints but that isnt the case obviously).

So now tank has:

2 clowns
3 chromis
1 starry Blenny
1 Six-line wrasse
1 Yellow watchman who is probably going to die from harassment (the starry hates him).

1 peppermint
1 tiger pistol shrimp
Sand sifting star
Blue Tuxedo urchin
Regular urchin
3 assorted snails

But for the blenny bullying the goby, everyone is getting along swimmingly.

Ya, looks a bit overstocked, so now is a good time to stop adfing fish. Looks alright though!

I think 7 fish is a lot for a 29 gal. Ive been adding my fish slowly and just now got up to 4 because i always find fish I never thought of or heard of before that are really cool. I think when you stock your tank full from the get go you can tend to get bored because you can't add anything else you find and really like without overstocking.
Then people tend to get rid of fish and add new ones to change things up and that's not fair to the fish. IMO taking it slow is the way to go. Lol!

What fish do you have in your tank?

Roll call

1 mean starry blenny named "Vincent"

3 chromis. "Paul John and
Ringo." George died young.

2 clowns. "Penny and Sheldon"

Sifting star
2 urchins
Pistol shrimp
Sally lightfoot crab
Cleaner shrimp
Snails