Greenturtle's MAYBE Nano Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Gahhh a chiller would not be worth it. Bye bye RBTA :(

ANYWAYS, this is my updated stocklisting

2 B&W Clowns
1 Green Clown Goby
1 Yellow Watchman Goby

2 Fire Shrimp

I have a coral beauty in my bc 29 and love the fish. So far he has left my mushroom and zoas alone. I have a clown gov't in my 14 and do not see him out much.

mdavidson said:
I have a coral beauty in my bc 29 and love the fish. So far he has left my mushroom and zoas alone. I have a clown gov't in my 14 and do not see him out much.

Too scared of a dwarf angel + soft corals. The day I got my first fish they were in the process of moving a flame angel out of a tank because he was nipping corals :/

I haven't seen him nip yet. Sometimes it just goes by individual fish. I have found that out with my fresh water fish time and again.

mdavidson said:
I haven't seen him nip yet. Sometimes it just goes by individual fish. I have found that out with my fresh water fish time and again.

Yeah. I have heard that...

1/3 never ever nip corals

1/3 start nip-free for years and then overnight start nipping

1/3 are reef menaces

Ok, so I have decided that I am positively going to order the 29 Biocube. Preferably from craigslist. No rush!

One thing I have seen a lot of is upgrading. Why do people upgrade the stock lights, skimmer, and bio ball filter? Can I not keep soft corals with these? And how much would upgrading cost? I think a normal Biocube skimmer is $30 on amazon.

I already picked put my heater, 100w electronic Fluval :) I love my 300w for my 90 gallon. So easy to check.

Lastly, what do you guys recommend for PHs? An mp10 koralia (does that exist? I'm not very good with ph vocab) or something else?

Ok so I have read on 3 different places that BTAs do fine under stock lights. Pics to prove it. Then I have no need to upgrade, correct?

I go to liveaquaria.com for alot of stuff. Their BTA says "moderate to high" lighting, so I'm assuming that it would do ok under stock lighting, but would flourish under more intense lighting.

There are definitely some corals that look similar to anemones (IMO) that only require low lighting. I've been reading up on those for my BC14.

Oh, and the RBTA on liveaquaria.com is $149.99. Check out the WYSIWYG (what-you-see-is-what-you-get) Diver's Den.

Drs. Foster and Smith Diver's Den® - Entacmaea quadricolor

all4wheels2 said:
I go to liveaquaria.com for alot of stuff. Their BTA says "moderate to high" lighting, so I'm assuming that it would do ok under stock lighting, but would flourish under more intense lighting.

There are definitely some corals that look similar to anemones (IMO) that only require low lighting. I've been reading up on those for my BC14.

Oh, and the RBTA on liveaquaria.com is $149.99. Check out the WYSIWYG (what-you-see-is-what-you-get) Diver's Den.

Drs. Foster and Smith Diver's Den® - Entacmaea quadricolor

I looked at the Torch, Hammer, and Frogspawn corals, but I wasn't sure about those feeding tentacles. Do you know how long they are?

And also, I would be getting the Green BTA, not the Rose. I think RBTAs are $100 at my LFS, and I would like to see it before I buy it. But I'm not going to unless there is a 50% off sale lol.

Just got the first check from Grandparents for my birthday. 0.0 I think the entire set up plus a new stand I am going to buy for the biocube is paid for. That was fast saving up ;)

Just got the first check from Grandparents for my birthday. 0.0 I think the entire set up plus a new stand I am going to buy for the biocube is paid for. That was fast saving up ;)

Haha, you need at " That was easy" button! I hope you can get this tank, so I can follow the build, LOL.

redsea said:
Haha, you need at " That was easy" button! I hope you can get this tank, so I can follow the build, LOL.

I am going to start a build thread once it comes in the mail. Which wont be particularly soon. I got a record player + some vinyl from my parents and I am addicted LOL.

Not yet. I will order it in a few days, since I am a little busy. I am pretty patient when dealing with SW fish. Unless the fish is in QT, then I really want to put them in the DT lol

Fit a LED system in the hood. Then you can do anything in the biocube Like so:

img_1575994_0_36f12bddeac08e13ececa6446a2ca096.jpg

This is a dark room:

img_1575994_1_05236f2875a664136784894a4885d63e.jpg

I have heard multiple things about the 29 Biocube that need to be modded. What I will do is...

-Set up an ATO
-Take everything out of chambers 1, 2, and 3
-Add a bag of Purigen and a 100w heater to Chamber 1
-Make Chamber 2 into a refugium with live rock, chaeto, and Chemipure Elite

Any comments? I got all of this from a YouTube video, so correct me if I am wrong.

I still have not really decided on the Green BTA yet.

maxst2 said:
Fit a LED system in the hood. Then you can do anything in the biocube Like so:

This is a dark room:

How did you do that? Is there a tutorial for it anywhere?

the best place for info for leds is nano reef

look in the lighting section. im in the hospital atm, wifey is getting induced to have our first kid. start of a very long night.

Back
Top Bottom