needs some creative inspiration 14gal nanoreef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I would recommend checking the AI prime as well. It is around 200 without needing to spend additional to a controller.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Aquarium Advice mobile app

caved and bought the ai prime

well i had a major outbreak of cyano and everything i did i could get rid of it so i decided to fully break down the tank and start from scratch - the water. i decided to upgrade to the ai prime. and im glad i did because i think the old unit in the biocube probly would have caught fire soon. the fish didnt make the transition and i lost some coral but all of my invertabrates lived so that was interesting.
i still havent found a good spot for my candy cane coral and im still working on figuring out the ai prime programming.

Attachments

• 2015-08-20 09.57.37.jpg
    2015-08-20 09.57.37.jpg
    207.3 KB · Views: 108
that torch is a little close to the button coral he can extend it's tentacles and sting it
candy can over towards the right

Thanks seaweed. I was having an issue with caveins so I moved my rocks around a bit and glued some together I moved the torch away from the blasto. I'm stilling having an issue with the torch not extending water parameters are good but he's just not happy. I've left him untouched for about 2 weeks now.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Med to light flow on the torch it's about a third of the way up the tank for lighting. My water parameters are calcium is 425, salinity is 1.023, temp 78, nitrates 0, phosphate 0, alk is at 12 there's a clownfish and a cleaner shrimp in the tank and a few hermit crabs but they don't really climb all over it. I haven't moved it for about 2 weeks now and it's still not happy. Gets target fed cyclops a few times a week and a mysis shrimp here or there.

There is no need to feed a photosynthetic coral. You simply need the appropriate lighting. I'd suspect that being raising your phosphates and flow being too strong is the stem of your issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I actually dont have a phosphate issue its currently at 0 and has been there for a while. None of the power heads are blowing directly on the torch coral it gets a very light flow.

2Q==

Here's a picture of my tank right now. I finally found a half decent setting for my ai prime at 12500 @100% from 10am to 7pm off the rest of the time. Everything is doing good except my acan and my torch coral. The acan I've moved to a shadier area and I moved the torch lower about a week and a half ago but it still won't come out.

Attachments

• 1443056418461.jpg
    1443056418461.jpg
    252.7 KB · Views: 86
i have a koraline 240 powerhead and a maxijet 600 modified that i used to replace the original biocube's main pump because it died.

I think I've finally figured out the ai prime settings. Everything is doing good so far. I think I need to figure out something to clean the sand a bit. I've since gave up on the torch and added a duncan about 2 weeks ago.

Attachments

• 1444421882544.jpg
    1444421882544.jpg
    197.6 KB · Views: 84
  • 1444421900730.jpg
    1444421900730.jpg
    186.1 KB · Views: 83
Back
Top Bottom