New 25g kent bio reef build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Pretty standard. Protein skimmer would probably help. I think it is proteins. Maybe powerhead pointed toward surface would help too.

Ive had this a few times, I turn the pump off and submerge a jug slowly, just under the surface so the goop flows in the jug. Repeat a few times and it'll be gone! Remember to have enough water to top the tank up after.

Great stuff guys. I'll give it a whirl. Skimmer seems to be working ok so I'll try the jug dip

I just positioned a power head lower in the tank to aim toward the overflow on top. The movement on the top not only helps with oxygen exchange, ph balance, and temp, but also pushed all the floating particles into the filter. My skimmer pics up the rest.

Hi guys. Any ideas on keeping boxer shrimps with other shrimps? Bad idea?

Don't have experience, but shrimps are normaly good with shrimps. I keep a cleaner and a tiger pistol in my 30g without problems. Someone will chime in with more insight!

Edit - coral banded shrimp are aggressive, asked my lfs guy tonight...

I kept a coral banded with a cleaner shrimp in a 14 gallon biocube. Even during feeding time, I never saw them fight.

Back
Top Bottom