34 gal. build thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
goby caves

I built two "tunnels" for my future goby(s) to reside in. do you think they will take to them? I think they look pretty cool

Attachments

• 34 gallon 031 015.jpg
    34 gallon 031 015.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 112
  • 34 gallon 031 014.jpg
    34 gallon 031 014.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 115
  • 34 gallon 031 016.jpg
    34 gallon 031 016.jpg
    11 KB · Views: 129
I think if they find them they'll be like "GOSH! So glad i don't have to build ANOTHER cave!"

i say another couple days, maybe try a PWC and re-test

test results!

ammonia-.05
nitrite-.03-.05
nitrate-15
ph-7.9

Yay! cycle is basically done. after i add my two powerheads(should be arriving today) and do a 20% water change, I will be adding my first fish.

I was thinking of a two spot goby, I lovee them. will he do okay? id like a goby that will house my "tube burrows" i made(look a few posts back). Also will a clown goby and him be okay? my GF wants a clown goby. they are different colors and shape so they should be fine right? i heard clown gobys dont burrow, what a shame :/, really wanted to use both of the tube burrows i made.

yes I know this but after my waterchange, it will definitely be at zero. the ammonia only went from .05 to zero because of the addition of my CUC im sure

Cycle isn't done until both are reading zero. Earlier today, both ammonia and nitrite were at .5. Now you say they are at zero because of a cleanup crew added on the same day????

Don't rush it. Let them get to zero on their own.

no no no sory for the confusion. im saying the ammonia most likely jumped from zero to .05 from my CUC. the nitrite is about.03 so ill test tmm. if all is zero ill add a fish. Any help on my fish question two posts ago?

Two spot gobies die quickly. Never had one or knew of anyone that kept them for any time. The clown goby is gooc. It'll perch on rocks.

do you know of any burrowing gobies? besides a YWM as I already have one in another tank. I was looking for something either with color or that looks like the two spot

just put in my two 750 gph koralias and i cant seem to make the sand stop blowing around. its making small holes under my loose shells i have for hemits. i have them on the back of the side walls near the top, pointed inward so they mee in the middle

It might stop eventually, let it sit a couple days and see how it goes.

I personally think two spots are awesome, I'd love to own one (never heard about them not living long, but never looked into them much either). As for the YCG the only thing I've heard is that they can be hard to get to eat. They sometimes "reset" themselves once moved and just stop eating and starve, but I think they're great fish anyway.

Now I'm not sure if they burrow but a prawn goby might be a good choice, they have a large fin on the back similar to the two spot.

okay i will, thank god i was a cheapo and got the 750s over the 1050s, that would have been way too much. Yeah the two spot is my favorite goby that ive seen. Has anyone on here had a positive expierence? anyone? lol as for the clown goby, hes actually blue not yellow (the one i want) so idk if that changes things, The prawn looks cool but I need a definite burrower. i made it so i can see in their burrow so id like to enjoy it ha

some updated shots with powerheads

Attachments

• 34 gallon 031 017.jpg
    34 gallon 031 017.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 390
  • 34 gallon 031 020.jpg
    34 gallon 031 020.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 109
  • 34 gallon 031 021.jpg
    34 gallon 031 021.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 393
  • 34 gallon 031 022.jpg