75gal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rmckoy

Aquarium Advice FINatic
image-2570094171.jpg

Half of the new rocks are in .
Another 30 lbs to add later

It looks like a bleached out nem or a torch.

It is a bleached anemone .
And yes She is pretty big .
Even after being bleached she is still 12-16" dia
I am trying to find a way to get her color back

I went away for a weekend and my light timer failed to turn the nights off , 4 days on :(

That sux, what color is it normally? I'm not an expert on nems though I did just make the plunge on a nice metallic rose bubble tip. I would guess that patience and keep up your regular maintenance would help it come back. Other than the zoosomethingorother algae not being present for the pigment it looks happy and healthy.

That sux, what color is it normally? I'm not an expert on nems though I did just make the plunge on a nice metallic rose bubble tip. I would guess that patience and keep up your regular maintenance would help it come back. Other than the zoosomethingorother algae not being present for the pigment it looks happy and healthy.

image-3517312286.jpg

This was before .

Attachments

• image-1367878785.jpg
    image-1367878785.jpg
    144.9 KB · Views: 91
It's crazy how quick things get bad sometimes. It should bounce back if you take good care if it.

It's crazy how quick things get bad sometimes. It should bounce back if you take good care if it.

It was the weekend of May 24th
I asked a friend to check in them and feed .
They never checked at all ,
The lights stayed on and over heated .
I lost a watchman goby , 2 earned shrink, a candy cane frag A hammer coral frag and bleached my nem .
She was beautiful and massive !
She is happy now , she hasn't moved in almost 3 weeks .
But it seams to be a cycle ,
It will stay in one place for a long period of time them do a lap around the tank .
Maybe she requires exercise , lol

That's some bad luck and I feel your pain. Back in March my tank crashed after I upgraded and used my old sand, then in April/may whatever was left died when my skimmer cup dumped back into the sump due to the plug falling out. It took time but things have stabilized and now I have just added life back to the tank. It's a frustrating hobby at times but it's always very rewarding.

That's some bad luck and I feel your pain. Back in March my tank crashed after I upgraded and used my old sand, then in April/may whatever was left died when my skimmer cup dumped back into the sump due to the plug falling out. It took time but things have stabilized and now I have just added life back to the tank. It's a frustrating hobby at times but it's always very rewarding.

I agree

Back
Top Bottom