Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 01-11-2014, 03:16 PM   #41
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

I have always used Reef Crystals by Instant Ocean and never had a bad batch that was recognizable by my parameters. I have had small white clumps in the bottom of my container that I mix and they seemed harmless.

paul87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 03:19 PM   #42
Aquarium Advice Addict

I had an issue with some cloudy water that just cleared up because I haven't been doing any water changes for a couple weeks because of the issue...

Old 01-11-2014, 03:20 PM   #43
Aquarium Advice Addict

This is an interesting post: Reef Central Online Community - View Single Post - Coral Pro Salt cloudy

Quote:
Once the water are prepared life will start forming.
I wonder if there are dormant microorganisms in their salt, since it is pulled right from the Red Sea...
Old 01-11-2014, 03:51 PM   #44
Dividing by 0
Community Admin

POTM Champion

I just got a new bucket in this week and it seems to be ok. Just did a water change with it.
fort384 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 04:05 PM   #45
Aquarium Advice Addict

Whelp. Something nuked my tank… I lost my bubble tip anemone, my larger mocha clown fish, I can't find my royal grandma or my tiger goby and all of my corals are closed… Mixing up some water right now to do a large change, I will run some activated carbon, and hope I can save what's remaining in the tank... 8-(
Old 01-11-2014, 04:06 PM   #46
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by fort384 View Post
I just got a new bucket in this week and it seems to be ok. Just did a water change with it.
The first couple of changes with the RSCP went fine. I think it's a cumulative effect over time. Also, my (and Flaxon's, I think) bucket had no batch number listed, which makes quality control all but impossible.

I'm just waiting for my IORC bucket to heat up, and then it's time to start the change.

What's the best way to get the gunk off the sandbed without disturbing it too much?
Old 01-11-2014, 04:07 PM   #47
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flaxon-Waxon View Post
Whelp. Something nuked my tank… I lost my bubble tip anemone, my larger mocha clown fish, I can't find my royal grandma or my tiger goby and all of my corals are closed… Mixing up some water right now to do a large change, I will run some activated carbon, and hope I can save what's remaining in the tank... 8-(
Frack, that sucks, dude, sorry to hear about it
Old 01-11-2014, 04:08 PM   #48
Aquarium Advice Addict

My wife called me on my way home from work and said hey have you seen the second clown fish, and that the anemone is on the sand bed… Really not having a very good afternoon.
Old 01-11-2014, 04:36 PM   #49
Aquarium Advice Addict

Did you say you had an algae outbreak? I wonder if the little buggers were deoxygenating the water enough that it wound up killing your livestock.
Old 01-11-2014, 04:38 PM   #50
Aquarium Advice Addict

I dunno man. This sounds crazy, but I put a new HOB filter sponge in my AC70 last night and the skimmer started going bonkers. I didn't really think much about it, but maybe that had something to do with it...?

Tags
salt

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com