Aquacon Order arrived!! Warning lots of pictures

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wow, Carey, that stinks! If you buy the blenny, it's almost like rewarding a kid's bad behavior. BUT we are all so hooked on this stuff, makes it hard to resist! Update on my missing/pulled due to poor quality bubble coral: the customer service guy told me last Thursday that my card had been credited the 40 bucks, nothing has posted so far. I know it hasn't even been a week, and I'm gonna use all my patience to wait and see... But aquacon has also made it off my shopping list for pitiful customer service.

Thanks dary, reality check. I just don't wanna order on the principle of the thing. BUT I also don't want to cut off my nose to spite my face if you know what I mean. I got an awesome deal on those clowns and they are happy as can be. They got me on the fine print details which now that I'm aware of I can avoid that issue. Still going back and forth on this one.

Some of the new sale items are such great deals it's almost worth it to take the gamble. And I always have the credit card company to fall back on if it comes to that.

See, thsi is why ifeel stupid even considering it. But their fish seem to be good....have to go find out if the barnacle blenny is on the "list" of expert non guaranteed items. if it is then its a no branier...

Wow, Carey, that stinks! If you buy the blenny, it's almost like rewarding a kid's bad behavior. BUT we are all so hooked on this stuff, makes it hard to resist! Update on my missing/pulled due to poor quality bubble coral: the customer service guy told me last Thursday that my card had been credited the 40 bucks, nothing has posted so far. I know it hasn't even been a week, and I'm gonna use all my patience to wait and see... But aquacon has also made it off my shopping list for pitiful customer service.

Sometimes a company will batch post credits only once a week, so its possible that they are just waiting for the weeks end. I've had that issue with many other stores, including walmart. They post the sales immediateley to your card but take their sweet time with the credits. lol

So the blenny is definitely not on the no guarantee list. Thats a good thing. I picked out 4 things for a total of 43.96. I picked the blenny, an orange ricordea, a red emerald crab and a green and blue shroom. So with shipping it will be $58. thats cheaper than just getting a barnacle blenny form liveaquaria when they come in stock eventually. AND I get some corals and a cool crab.

I still wanna call and talk to someone though, maybe I can get them to credit me for at least one of the shrimp which would make me happy enough. Plus I can tell them I wanna order more but have reservations. A decent business would do that to keep my business. Guess we'll see....

still waiting to pull the trigger though....I soo want that barnacle blenny it isnt even funny. LOL

For those who havent checked the 40% off sale page lately, they added some new items to it and raised the prices on a few things. For instance they dont have the b&w clowns for $23 anymore, I guess they figured they were losing money on them.

Just looked and the B&W's are back at $23...

Call me a sucker but I just spent $50 again here. I got the blenny which is not on the expert non guarantee list and a few mushrooms and a ruby emerald crab. :)

as long as the blenny arrives well I am set as far as price and since he's never available anywhere else I just had to have him, specially at $15.

Wish me luck or call me a fool either way. LOL

I hope to have them delivered on thursday so at least i won't have to wait long to find out if I was dumb. hehehe

I will give them credit for packaging though, my last order was packed perfectly. The emerald crabs that they dont guarantee came in alive and kicking so maybe it was just the shrimp. Still not happy it took 3 business days to address my issue but from what I've read online it could have been much worse.

I think you have to take chances in life to get what you want. Even if they totally screw you, it isn't ruinous. I got short changed $10 and my exquisite wrasse is nowhere to be found (so much for it's guarantee), but I did get a very good deal on the rest of the stuff. If it wasn't something you were focused on getting, I would say blow them off. But sometimes it's worth taking another chance.

What happened to your wrasse? Did he jump out or something? Or is he just hiding really really well?

carey said:
What happened to your wrasse? Did he jump out or something? Or is he just hiding really really well?

It's a big reef, he could still be hiding, but it has been almost 5 days now with no sign of him. He was pale when he was put in and the Royal Gramma was hard on him, but didn't damage him from what I saw. Every day that goes by I have less hope he made it. I have mesh on the top for my hawk fish, so no, he didn't jump.

Aww thats not sounding good....maybe he willshow up eventually. I would lose my royal gramma for days at a time, even during feeding he wouldn't come out so there is some hope left.

I wish you luck though, I usually try to be optimistic. :-D

As noted by my additional purchase of more things form aquacon. LOL

So I got my phone call from aquacon today to confirm shipping arrival for tomorrow morning by 9:30. I do like that about this company, they not only email you they actually calll you to make sure youll be home.

While I had her on the phone I tried to get something for my dead shrimp but she wasnt budging. Now if my new order comes in ok I'll be happy. I may not recommend them in the future based on my last purchase but I would buy from them again if the price is right and I can't get the item anywhere else reasonably, liek the barnacle blenny. CANNOT wait for tomorrow to arrive. His barnacle cluster is all set up and waiting for him. :)

Also hope the two mushrooms I ordered will be as awesome as the pictures. The red emerald crab is soemthing I;d never seen so thatshould be interesting too.

Pictures will follow in the AM>

I have gotten 4 emeralds from them, all arrived healthy and active. Three were good size, body was equal to a quarter, but the fourth was a MONSTER compared to the others! I acclimated 2 together and just used a plastic cup with the bottom cut off to separate them, wasn't sure if they'd fight.

yeah, their emeralds are huge. I had to put the largest ones in my cube and the still big ones in my new 20g. I hope the red ruby emerald is as cool as the photo, it looks like a neat crab. :) But with my luck it will be the size of a half dollar and have to go intot he 125g where I'm sure I;ll never see it again. lol

my emeralds build little burrows for themselves during the day and come out at night. I had one demolish a dead hermit yesterday, he was fierce. lol

And on that note, I have decided nomore hermits. They kill each other off too much for my liking. Just found another dead onein the cube and one in the new 20g tank which only had 3 from another tank I moved in there.

I decided to quite using carbon for a while a few days ago as everyone argues about it's uses. Just FYI, my Colt coral and green finger leather have immediately shriveled and are dying. Put carbon back on line to see if I can save them. No other changes made other than the carbon was off line for a few days. Too much LPS and SPS in the tank to grow softies without carbon I guess.

I'm currently not running carbon in my 125g. I seem to have thriving corals so far but I do intend on getting a reactor at some point as I LIKE carbon. Call me a fool but I think it helps. LOL

Carey fell in love with the barnacle blenny was scared to order from aquacon though stopped at my lfs today and they had one for 24.99 I scooped him up ain't very big.

You actually found one!! I;ve been looking for about 3 months now! LOL

Did you get a barnacle cluster for him? UI hear thtas where they spend the majority of their time. I didn't want a swimming around kinda fish, justone that pops out on occasion. hehe

Back
Top Bottom