Baby starfish??? Idk what??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hondachico

Aquarium Advice Freak
What is this it looks like a baby starfish??

Attachments

• image-175949691.jpg
    image-175949691.jpg
    217.1 KB · Views: 127
  • image-3472033932.jpg
    image-3472033932.jpg
    212.6 KB · Views: 121
That's cool, it may not seem much but to me that means that my tank is so established that critters are showing up ;)

Actually its an Asterina star, but they are harmless and good cleaners, they split often and before you know it you will have many of them.

They usually hitchhike on live rock or frags.

Pretty cool I haven't got anything new so idk I guess it just came out

Hondachico said:
Pretty cool I haven't got anything new so idk I guess it just came out

Most likely, especially being small. I usually get them as hitchhikers on corals often.

+1 Asterina Starfish. Harmless until they multiply and take over your tank. Fish usually keep them in check.

Hondachico said:
Fish eat them??

Depending on fish species. The most noteworthy is probably the Harlequin shrimp (spelling?). Asterinas are a main food source for them and they can quickly wipe a tank clean of them. Very interesting shrimp also.

Hondachico said:
Yea but would they eat any other starfish like my sifter

Yeah i believe most probably lol, wasnt really suggesting you put one in your tank lol.

No I know lol just wanted to make sure lol if it doesn't get too crowded with these starfish I'll just leave them, doesn't bother me

It will get there. I have quite a few of em and it all started with what you have. I would have some harliquin shrimp but I have a red serpent star that I've had for at least 7 years and I don't want him to get eatin.

Back
Top Bottom