Back in the tank game....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Went and coral dipped new corals and pulled off stuff I don't want in my tank..... Stuff like bubble algae and other stuff that just looked bad.... now to wait for them to open up and get some good pic's of them....

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Nice. :) Good call dipping, you never can be too sure you arent introducing a bad thing to your tank. Thats how I got flatworms awhile ago. :-( Also good idea to thoroughly inspect them as well, I let a single aipastia into my tank from a coral and it went crazy and I had thousands, no exaggeration, within a year.

Make sure to get some good phots, I love to see people new stuff.

Hey Rob see that you live in Phoenix. I live in Tucson, thinking about making a trip that way sometime to check out some fish stores....got any good places in mind?

Sent from my LG-D801 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

There are a few here in Phoenix.... Aquatouch is a great store but a little high on price.... There is aquarium arts that's a great store and another small store is club reef they have really good prices.... But I spend the extra money and go to Aquatouch just because how they qt there live stock.... But all 3 are good stores

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Cool thank you! The store I usually go to for coral hasn't been looking too great lately.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Also just heard of a few others I am going to go check out today.... Will let you know

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Tanker99 there is a store in Tempe called the Aquarius great store.... Little small not the best selection on dry goods.... But there corals are really well priced

With that said.... I did pick up a few more frags..... I went ahead and got 2 low light sps and a neon green Star polyp..... Will have pics soon.... So now a total of 7 corals now.....

With that said.... I did pick up a few more frags..... I went ahead and got 2 low light sps and a neon green Star polyp..... Will have pics soon.... So now a total of 7 corals now.....

What's a low light sps? Almost all require at least moderate to intense light

Ok let me rephrase that..... Sps on the lower light spectrum....

Ok here we go with coral

Attachments

• 1395615104521.jpg
    1395615104521.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 100
  • 1395615124929.jpg
    1395615124929.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 83
  • 1395615140737.jpg
    1395615140737.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 81
  • 1395615154520.jpg
    1395615154520.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 88
Loks good. Make sure to keep that Xenia apart from everything else though, it will spread like a weed.
lol

Just noticed diatoms in my tank...... NNNOOOOO..... Its ok i know its all part of the hobby.....

So i went to petco today to pick up dog food..... As i was there i saw they had saltwater fish.... So i went to check them out.... I saw a neon dottyback and i fell in love with the colors..... So i went ahead and got it.... I know some people wont get fish there but this stores system looked amazing.... Clean and clear did mot see any sick fish or any thing..... He is sitting in my qt tank for right now..... But i feel it should make it.... Just glad i found this little guy for a great price..... 18.99.... Every where i have seen was closer to 50 bucks for this guy.....

He was doing good.... Bit havent seen him in a few days not sure if he jumped and the kitty got a 20 doller snack or if he is in hiding.... But i will wait and find out....

Got a nice monti cap lfs had it for 30 bucks its like 8x4 its a really big coral for that price at this lfs i got it at....

Attachments

• 1396826438696.jpg
    1396826438696.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 73
Back
Top Bottom