Corals not opening

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
For the ph I would go get some seachem marine buffer to get that ph up to at least 8.

Don't chase ph, it's normal for it to low in the winter, if you do anything just increase surface agitation. If your ph is stable let it be, don't add any additives to your tank until you get your params in check (or even after IMO), water changes are all you need.

What are some other reasons corals would die so quickly

No one noticed that his calcium is 500 and the DKH is 14? That's not possible IMO. I think those kits are off. It could very well be a ph issue though. Increasing surface agitation would be my recommendation for this as well.
I would be doing water changes with a reef grade salt mix and not adding anything else to the tank.

What salt would you recommend? And ya I can't seem to figure out my kits. I've had other people who know a lot about reef tanks and they can't figure it out either

Yes, any of the reef grade salts should work fine. I like to alternate them. I figure what one salt lacks, the other will make up for. It's been working fine for me for over 10 years now.

So you guys are thinking just get a good reef salt mix and then keep up the water changes and I should be fine?

And the best way to drop alk is water changes?

The best way to correct parameters is by changing out water for water with correct parameters. Most of the reef grade salts are fairly close to natural sea water.

Back
Top Bottom