Dary's tank!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'd kill for that alien eye, I'm falling in love with chalices, of course they're the most expensive thing in the market right now lol.

Yes your Alien Eye looks beautiful. I wish mine had your pop. Mine has grown but I think it looked better before it did lol.

First pick is in June when I got it. Second pic is from today

I have been contemplating fragging it.

Attachments

• image-2345795568.jpg
    image-2345795568.jpg
    223.9 KB · Views: 108
  • image-1648268750.jpg
    image-1648268750.jpg
    251.4 KB · Views: 124
Yes your Alien Eye looks beautiful. I wish mine had your pop. Mine has grown but I think it looked better before it did lol.

The number of polyps doubled. I think that is pretty good!

My Martian chalice .., as I like to call it ,..seems to be about the same size and color as when I got it , however a few weeks back I noticed that a hammer coral that was next to it was sending out long sweeper arms and seemingly stinging it towards the bottom,.... The bottom part of the Martian is beaten up pretty badly in that area,..I moved the Martian a couple of inches away and hopefully it'll heal itself in time.
Color wise it's as bright and perky as when I got it,... I also have a smaller one but it was never as bright and perky as the bigger one. The last time I tried to acquire another one they weren't available at that time nor have I've seen any others for sale ,maybe it's a summer thing?
Thank you everyone for all the nice comments regarding the corals,... Not everything I put into my tank makes it but these have endured so far despite me and I'm quite happy for that.

Keith,..I found a picture of my "Martian" when I first put it in my tank and like yours, mine has about twice as many dots , " polyps" as it did before,...I just never really realized it until I started counting them this morning,...Interesting ,..must be growing ok (?) .

Keith,..I found a picture of my "Martian" when I first put it in my tank and like yours, mine has about twice as many dots , " polyps" as it did before,...I just never really realized it until I started counting them this morning,...Interesting ,..must be growing ok (?) .

That's great! It's funny how sometimes we may not think we see growth because we are the caretakers observing constantly. My wife will look at a coral and say its so much bigger and I see only minimal growth until I go back and look at pictures

Bottom of my mix barrel after about a hundred pounds of Reef Crystals. You can see my confusion. If anyone figures this out please post it.

It seems alien eye caps are kind of scarce right now.

Attachments

• image-4196211160.jpg
    image-4196211160.jpg
    113.8 KB · Views: 116
Bottom of my mix barrel after about a hundred pounds of Reef Crystals. You can see my confusion. If anyone figures this out please post it.

It seems alien eye caps are kind of scarce right now.

Today was my first day of using the reef crystals,..it had been previously mixed together with my RODI water and had been in its mixing barrel for the last 5 days or so,...and yes I had a brownish residue in my barrel,...no where near what mr.x showed but since I had white deposits left from using my coral pro salt the brown was very easy to see on top of that.

Since starting up in saltwater, price on chalices have been high. In terms of the alien eye ones you guys are showing, I've never seen one or I'd have snatched it up quickly. My only fear is that it wouldn't like the amount of light in my tank.

Today was my first day of using the reef crystals,..it had been previously mixed together with my RODI water and had been in its mixing barrel for the last 5 days or so,...and yes I had a brownish residue in my barrel,...no where near what mr.x showed but since I had white deposits left from using my coral pro salt the brown was very easy to see on top of that.
My barrel was after an entire bucket was used.

Since starting up in saltwater, price on chalices have been high. In terms of the alien eye ones you guys are showing, I've never seen one or I'd have snatched it up quickly. My only fear is that it wouldn't like the amount of light in my tank.

From what I've read and seen they do not require the intense lighting as your sps do,...remember they are an LPS so if you're doing fine with hammers,torches etc than you'll prob do ok with one of these,....I was scared to death to try one at first because they just look like trouble and being so pricey ( $175 + -) I was very hesitant about pushing the button,..but they just looked so cool I had to take the chance

From what I've read and seen they do not require the intense lighting as your sps do,...remember they are an LPS so if you're doing fine with hammers,torches etc than you'll prob do ok with one of these,....I was scared to death to try one at first because they just look like trouble and being so pricey ( $175 + -) I was very hesitant about pushing the button,..but they just looked so cool I had to take the chance

I think he's talking about bleaching.em from to much light. If I remember correctly he's had a few colonies of sps lost to excessive light lol.

Had a hard brown/purple algae attack my zoa colony. A toothbrush wouldn't touch it. Just tried a hydrogen peroxide dip. It was wild watching the zoas foam up, but all the algae detached and died in front of me. Rinsed the zoas, there were several hundred on the rock and they are in a hospital tank with direct flow aimed at them now. They already look better. Any one else heard of doing this? It worked...I think.

I think he's talking about bleaching.em from to much light. If I remember correctly he's had a few colonies of sps lost to excessive light lol.

Yeah I first put mine on the sandbed in the front of the tank. Within a few days it started bleaching and receding. I dipped it in revive and then placed it where it is now (in the back of the tank on top) and within a couple days new "eyes" started popping up everywhere and it started that puffy bubbled look it has to this day.

Back
Top Bottom