Dary's tank!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Doug ,.. I truly hope so too !!! I'm not really too much on specific numbers when it comes to things , just how it actually performs in real life ,... Hopefully yours will work flawlessly
Greg ,... You're right , Sheldon would have scoffed at these little aptasia killing lasers and would have taken out the big guns. !and Yup that's the same one I got

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Yesterday afternoon I killed a nasty looking spider that was crawling up my aquarium stand with my laser ,... The spider did not seem to enjoy the whole episode at all ,... I used to keep a zillion tarantulas from all over the world, Africa ,India, Vietnam ,South America etc etc some were rather vicious ,beautiful,nasty and huge I think I had something like 30 + hexagon glass aquariums to house them all , I used to order crickets by the 1000's ,fruit flies, mice etc to keep them and all my dart frogs well fed and happy and I loved them ,.. But there's just something about these nasty spiders that crawl amongst us that just kinda rub me the wrong way ! I have no trouble throwing a shoe at them at all.
Also long time followers will remember the issues that I had using the brs 20 inch Spartan rodi canisters and how they leaked horribly , I ended up having to make my own o rings and literally had to beat them with a stick to keep them from leaking , What a mess and hassle that was !!! Anyway apparently brs doesn't handle the Spartans anymore , surprise ,surprise :) I ended up buying some extra canisters when they were liquidating their stock on hand,.. Will today was the day to replace the deionization resin in one of the canisters and boy I was not looking forward to this job at all!!!! ,.i decided to just replace the old canister with one of the new replacement ones and wow ,..she worked beautifully , hand tightened the canister and no leaks !!!
A good day indeed :)

I love almost all of natures creatures, but spiders are not among those I love. They creep me out.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I had spiders and scorpions!
My fav was an South American bird eating spider(Chuck as he was known!).
Beautiful and BIG!
I wack the ones I see where I don't want!
Glad to hear the ro is better(I know what pain a leaker is!!{YEA BRS for me too!})

Okay, now I understand. We work with Chinese stuff all the time and this isn't the worst I've seen. We bring drones in for public safety that have Chinese components. Your lucky to understand every other word.
But their English is better than my Mandarin...

Okay, now I understand. We work with Chinese stuff all the time and this isn't the worst I've seen. We bring drones in for public safety that have Chinese components. Your lucky to understand every other word.
But their English is better than my Mandarin...

Yep ,.. I might be able to order from a Chinese take out menu but that's about as far as I can go with it.

I take spiders and carefully relocate them outside. The only things I kill are flies and mosquitoes.

Doug ,This particular spider even you would have relocated it under the bottom of your shoe ,... It was either me or him , he made the first move ! Just goes to show you that these lasers may be used for other things besides aptasias.

Last edited:
A spider bite me, in my own bed and a silver dollar sized piece of my side, my own flesh, died and fell off. I am now at war with the spider kingdom and they should fear my wrath.

A spider bite me, in my own bed and a silver dollar sized piece of my side, my own flesh, died and fell off. I am now at war with the spider kingdom and they should fear my wrath.

LOL, yea he would have to be a goner. Greg is about to build the laser shotgun and go rogue... ;)

ouch, sounds like a brown recluse, you're lucky if that is all that happened.
my stepmother got bit by one and the effected area wrapped all around her mid section and had about 4" hole where she got bit.

Back
Top Bottom