DaveMc's 36g Bow Front Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Here is a quick video I thought I would share. This is the second week it has been up and guess what...the algae has arrived! Think I need a bigger cleanup crew :huh:

It looks great Dave! Just give it time, those diatoms will disappear :).

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

It looks great Dave! Just give it time, those diatoms will disappear :).

Thanks Bribo :) True they will I just get impatient with the diatoms lol. My snails and crabs need to eat faster hahaha :lol:

Just picked up a Kenya Tree frag and a single head zoa frag for 8 bucks! Acclimating now :)

looking good
didn't forget about you and the star still trying to catch him he wedged himself in a place I can't get to easily unless I tear up the rock work really don't want to do that I baited up a small juice bottle to catch him but no luck caught just about every other invert I have in the tank

I had the same thing after transferring to the bigger tank diatoms all over the sand
I raked the sand daily and did bigger water changes
how deep is your sand bed , I just got a bunch of those sand sifting crabs wow they really go to work it kind of neat watching them burrow through the sand bed
they need about 2" deep sand bed the burrows almost look like crop circles

10569_sand-sifting-crab_1.jpg

Here is another short vid since my camera sucks lol. This is the new zoa frag,hard to tell but when opened up all the way it has a yellow skirt. Also, towards the end of the video there is a snail like thing crawling around my GSP frag I done yesterday. Any Idea what it may be?

looking good
didn't forget about you and the star still trying to catch him he wedged himself in a place I can't get to easily unless I tear up the rock work really don't want to do that I baited up a small juice bottle to catch him but no luck caught just about every other invert I have in the tank

I had the same thing after transferring to the bigger tank diatoms all over the sand
I raked the sand daily and did bigger water changes
how deep is your sand bed , I just got a bunch of those sand sifting crabs wow they really go to work it kind of neat watching them burrow through the sand bed
they need about 2" deep sand bed the burrows almost look like crop circles

10569_sand-sifting-crab_1.jpg

Hey Bud :)

No problem at all. I know they are not easy to catch and no...don't tear up your rock!

As far as sand bed it is about 11/2" to 2" give or take. I have been slightly blowing the sand around with a turkey baster and is has helped a lot, not as bad now. Will have to check into the sand sifting crabs...I need extra CUC with all the extra space. My current crew is over worked hahaha.

Lookin good Dave! Those appear to be GB packers, my favorite (and favorite team lol).

Lookin good Dave! Those appear to be GB packers, my favorite (and favorite team lol).

Sweet! I was wanting some of those but the guy at the LFS had no idea what they were lol. Hope the row quick, I wand to put them next to my other zoa's at the base of the "tree" I am working on. Kind of like a carpet.

My Kenya tree was finally opened up this morning. Here is a pic finally lol. Also, ended up getting a peppermint shrimp today in case my aptaisa comes back. Also got 2 Blue damsels and a Lawnmower Blenny. Loving his personality already lol.

img_2988060_0_df2be5ee8cb18f7299e12deeb30eb1cb.jpg

Hows it goin?

Fish are friends not food!

Going great so far! Just finished testing my params and all looking good. Only issue I am having is salt creep. Having to top off with saltwater because of it. But guess that is what I get for not having a top on it lol.

Back
Top Bottom