Favortite Tool

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

xxmoorishmanxx

Aquarium Advice Addict
Whats your favorite not normally used for aquarium tool that you use for your tank/s?

I like the tooth brush, and turkey baster.

I was just going to say the toothbrush. But I also like the electric lawnmower. I can't count the number of times I've needed to you one of those.

i keep a couple of FW Betta fish, and they come in these great small little cups that are perfect to use for thawing out the frozen fish food that i feed to my tanks. i also like the toothbrush for cleaning off rocks, and the baster for spot/direct feeding!

For me, disposable gloves. I got mine in Sam club for $5/box. It is food grade and there are 500 gloves in a box. I use it for everything so that my hand is not wet. No water contamination too. :D

ClamKnuckle said:
Wet dry vac. I alway seem to forget the RO/DI is making water.

I'm glad I'm not the only one!!

COOLER........ When I make water I put the 5 gallon container in the cooler to catch the water the over flows when i forget about it. :lol: Had several floods.

on one particularily hot summer night I sat down with a small foam cooler, about 8 feet of tubing, and several cold packs and made my own chiller. It worked great!

Hey, I have two of those cups and I use them for thawing food out as well. Great for mysis shrimp and formula two thaw detail.

Cheese grater is good for frozen squid to get smaller pieces.

credit cards for cleaning algea off the sides of the acrylic. i also sometimes use a strainer for various reasons.

My favorite tool is the fish room. I finally cut a hole in the wall and converted my powder room into a fish room with a big slop sink and shelves to make water etc :!:

I think I'd also have to go with the turkey baster! Great for the occasional dust off the rocks work.

Back
Top Bottom