Favortite Tool

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think turkey basters must be the swiss army knife of aquariums. They're great for cleaning, feeding and killing (aptasia). Fun fun fun.

Thought i'd Bring this post back

anyone got some new favs or if u havent posted whats your favorite

Still like toothbruch, but now i like puddy knifes as well for coarline

Gotta go with turkey baster, but the Dremel tool is my favorite if you count not directly used on the tank tools. If I ever wrote a DIY book, which I am seriously considering, I would say tool #1 is the Dremel. Fraging, sanding pvc and acrylic, drilling holes, routing, it's the best!

A dremel is a rotary tool. Kind of like a drill but you can hold it comfortably and put tons of different bits in it, and it has an adjustable speed. They have sanding drums, high speed cutters, drill bits, if you DIY it's the tool to have. The super glue gel is great too.

BBReef said:
credit cards for cleaning algea off the sides of the acrylic. i also sometimes use a strainer for various reasons.

My credit card seems to be the most commonly used tool as well. Unfortunately, it is normally used in the more traditional sense!

Pipe cleaners are also good for "coaxing" unidentified hitchhikers out of their holes. Medicine dose cups (the kinds that come with childrens medicine) are what we use to defrost cubes of frozen food. We use toothpicks to glue down some types of frags as they are easier to work with (glue the dry toothpick to a piece of dry rock and then slide the wet frag down onto the toothpick. The frag eventually adheres to the rock).

My credit card seems to be the most commonly used tool as well. Unfortunately, it is normally used in the more traditional sense!

His credit card is definitely my favorite tool! Amazing the things I can do in my tank with just his card in my hand!

So you poke it through the frag?

We've used the toothpick glued to the rock to mount softies (stuff like Xenia) once the toothpick is glued to the rock I just pushed the Xenia down over the toothpick. In a couple of days the Xenia had grown over the toothpick and mounted itself to the rock.

My other favorite tool would be my 32g garbage cans. We used those extensively during our tank crisis and mix our water in them still when we're prepping to do our water changes (20g). Makes our water changes MUCH easier!

Back
Top Bottom