Is it ready?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ilikefish_

Aquarium Advice Regular
Is my tank done cycling? My parameters are
Ph:8
Ammonia:0
Nitrite:0
Nitrate:0
Everything spiked and went back down... I have Cyanobacteria and hair algae and a lot of it but I wanna know if I could add fish?

If you have both if those problems your tank parameters are not perfect. Get that cleaned up first before adding fish

Well I know you opened a topic on how to get rid of both, I have had a bio cube 14,

In my experience what I did was a 25% water change, siphoned out all the cyano and picked off the hair algae I could. I then threw in a bag of phosguard because cyano feeds of phosphates.

Another thing, what are you topping your tank off with?

I put it in the last chamber where the water is pumped back into the tank.

What are you using for filter
Media in the back bays?

I'm haven't topped it off and I have the regular filter pad with the bio balls and in the 3 part where it gets pumped back in I have a bag of purigen

Do you have a place around that sells water that is distilled or reverse osmosed? And I would take out the bio balls, and use rubble rock with some chaeto in your second chamber, then keep the purigen and also throw in some phosguard

I'm not sure what would I need distilled or reverse osmosis water for?

You're going to have to top your water off from evaporation and you cannot use salt water to top it off with. You have to use either one of those. You can't use drinking water because it has minerals and nutrients not good for your tank.

Yea I have a 20 gallon freshwater and wanted to try saltwater now I realize it's a lot harder and a lot more expensive

Yea I had that really bad for about a week or 2 and now it's gone

Back
Top Bottom