Leaky skimmer....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BONESTOCK

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have one of these....
BakPak-1-large.jpg
and the part where the tube from the PH going into the box is leaking....how can I stop that?

Thanks!

While I am not familiar with those how do they go together on ours it has a twist copling with an o ring that can be replaced by a short trip to the plumbing area of any harware store. If nothing else you can dry it well and seal it with epoxy that dries quickly or silicone that take a bit longer but either will do the trick.

Where exactly on the tube is it leaking? Is it at the fitting on the tube going into the BakPak, or is the tube itself cracked?

If it is a cracked tube, I would say silicon (100% silicon) would be your best bet. It will seal and hold the crack so that it doesn't leak.

i had the same thing happen it was the tube i just replaced the tube from the power head to the inlet with 5/8 flex tubing, think that was the size? and put clamps on both sides where its connected and that stoped it.

It uses a bulk head, tinghten it and see if it stops, if not the gasket may be wrinkled from being over tightened. If it's not the bulkhead, return it.

It's the bulkhead....this thing is brand new...

I'll try loosening it...see if that works.

I screw the tube into the BakPak and it squeezes the rubber gasket type thing.

I'll try that and see. Returning it isn;t really an option as I bought this on Ebay.

Back
Top Bottom