My First Anenome

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

odle57

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Any suggsestions on what kind of anenome for someone to start off with? I only have one clown for now, but he needs a home!

You can try and RBTA Rose Bubble Tip Anemone or just a plan Bubble tip Anemone... if your wanting for you clown to host it....

img_958459_0_290028a21aca2af130fc0baf21165d30.jpg

Tank2379

Thanks for the help. Someone in the house is wanting a pretty purple, but we will see what we can find.

Based on what's in your "My Tanks" section, I'm not sure you have the proper lighting for a happy anenome.

And you have to know as well that having an anemone doesn't necessarily mean that your clown will host it or make it their home. It just depends on your luck.

My black and white clown is being hosted by a Hawaiian featherduster. ;D

I think you mean the other way around :)

Oddly enough I just got my Blue Zoo Aquatics email and they have a special on BTA's.... 50% off .. Though only consider it if your tank can support it

hahahahah thincat, I think CaptAhab is right, you meant to say the other way around rite? :p Cause featherduster doesn't swim around LOL.

Any suggsestions on what kind of anenome for someone to start off with? I only have one clown for now, but he needs a home!

As I guess you already know there is no guarantee that your clown will host an anenome. Mine would not and had to get rid of it. Mine chose corals instead.

100_1013-med.jpg

100_0638-med.jpg

Mike, does the clown bust up a coral like that hammer? They can get pretty rough.

As far as hosting...I always thought that the home was the host. Ie...I went to the "featherduster" for a few drinks. He was a good "host". Hahaha
or Webster #3 page 307...second edition any organism on or in which a parasitic organism lives...

Back
Top Bottom