QT & adding new fish all at once after?? Smart move??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

reefobsessed

Aquarium Advice Freak
I lost all my fish in a crash so I am starting from scratch. I would like to know if I could order all the fish I would like to put in and then after 30 days of QT and free from disease add them one per week to my reef.
I am getting only peaceful fish which includes:
1 yellowhead jaw
1 purple fire fish
1 red madarin
1 fridmani pseudochromis ( tank raised )
1 bi-color pseudochromis
1 banded wrasse
2 ocellaris clown ( tank raised )

My other question is, I have a 45 gallon but I am adding a 30 gallon sump. So I should be able to handle the load of all these since they are small rght???

I like a lot of color a lot of movement....

not a good idea imo !! i add the jaw fish first so he can settle down !! and the madarin way last or untill ya have pods coming out ya @$$ !! heeh as for how many id say yea !! the inch rule for fish is way off set imo !! cant tell me a 3" jaw fish would produce more waste than a 3" puffer !! so yea skinny little fish like ya adding should be fine!! go slow 1 fish per week max my 2 cent

Still no idea on the crash.. My best guess is the new lexan top and the MH together put off a toxic gas that got into the water somehow?? In the past I have never had a QT so now I have the change to do it right, I am... I usually only add a fish every month so I wanted to go on line and order the fish all at once for shipping and QT and then add then slowly to the reef. I still have a ton of pods and the crabs, snails, and shrimp where totally unaffrected.. Very strange..... I plan on getting two QT tanks going, one is a 10 gallon the other a 30 gallon. Would you still not order all at once???

hummm if ya put it that way yea i prob would !! if the main is still running with pods and what not ya prob be safe adding a few into it and then split the other into the qt's !! from my reading yellow head are disease resistant and i have never had one with ick !! same with the mandarin their slimy coat help to keep that stuff off so ya be ok to add those two for sure imo !!

no prob love this hobby & love to share :)i have learned so much the past year or two that i never knew or did the past 6 years with all my fo systems now i look back and think how could i have kept these animals alive heheheh

Back
Top Bottom