Reef Dosing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Brilliant_Barbs_21

Aquarium Advice FINatic
My next tank, a 93 cube (of which the build thread will be up once I have more than just the tank and stand) is going to be sps dominant. I have kept plenty sps in my nano, but not enough to require dosing. All minerals are replenished from weekly water changes. So I'm uneducated on the topic of dosing in general. What is the method that everyone uses to keep calcium and alkalinity levels in check? I plan on keeping mostly acropora and lots of it, so I will need a reliable method. Thanks guys

Had some problems witn calcium in my 37, my SPS did fine though. Calc was at 360 so i just did a wc and it went up to 500. I use reef crystals btw. Just normal wc will keep it in check, ive heard of people useing bicarbonate aswell. Wc should do the trick if your using a reef grade salt

Last edited:
You shouldn't have to worry about dosing until they start turning into colonies and even then a 2 part system should do fine. Just test and if you see it constantly dropping quickly then maybe look into dosing pumps or a reactor.

Back
Top Bottom