Salifert iodine test kit ????? anyone have/use

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kidkameleon3

Aquarium Advice Freak
Man as my tank goes down hill I am tring everything to make sure it gets checked and is not the cause I ordered the kit. I test it up the water in the kit does nothing.I try again nothing. I make a fresh batch of water nothing add a dozen drops of iodine to a glass with some frsh made water nothing. I can;t get this **** to do anything.I read and reread the directions.

Is there any trick I might be missing before I call the supplier?

Thanx Jake

humm thats weird to me ya should get a reading after putting a few drop into the test water !! as for your tank water ! iodine get used quite fast in a tank !! i have always tested and got no results to but i been using loguls and everyother day i add 2 drops and the next morning someone has molted !! so as long as your getting continuos molts i wouldnt worry :)

well I tested for the iodide today and it came back in the .02+ range so that was good I geuss, but the second test (iodine) comes back nothing.I dont fully understand the relationship between the 3 but I am looking into it

So you add 2 drops every other day ? Even if you do a water change? How big is the tank?

jesus you got it bad man bad.Maybe I should jsut test for a week or so and come up with my own formula if needed , cause there is no cumputing yours to mine. 2 55 fuges and a 50 gal sump wtf,lol

Thanx again

Back
Top Bottom