Six Line Wrasse

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jann Josh

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Been to mf lfs yesterday and saw a six line and a yellow wrasse. Can I put these two together or should I just pick one. Another thing is I visited liveaquaria.com and found the diet of these fishes it says "The diet should consist of finely chopped meaty foods and occasionally vitamin-enriched frozen preparations." What meaty foods should I give them? What vitamin-enriched frozen preparations would you suggest? And how do I feed it to them. Thanks for any help you can give.

Moved to the Fish Only forum.
What size tank do you have? What is your basic setup?

I have a 50 gal tank with 50 lbs of LR and at least 3 inches od sand. A 20 gal sump with protein skimmer. Inhabitants as of now are 2 false percula, one blue damsel and a yellow tail damsel. one firefish goby and a sailfin blenny. 10 hermit crabs.

hmm, IMO your tank is pretty well stocked now. You have the bare minimum for suggested amount of liverock and 6 fish. I think you are pushing your luck on water quality if you add more.

I love wrasses, particularly the six-line. If I were you, I'd add the six-line last, however.

Of the wrasses I've had, all have been very peaceful but the six-line is very aggressive to other wrasses at first. I had a carpenter's wrasse jump out of the tank because of the six-line.

It could just be mine, but it's something to think about.

Thanks for your advices. All inhabitants are all juveniles not reaching and inch, except maybe for the blenny which is about over an inch. I'll get the wrasses later when I upgraded to a 100 gals thanks again.

Back
Top Bottom