to aqua c remora users

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

vsnsofadrgn

Aquarium Advice Addict
my remora is a murderer! first, a clown awhile back, but i thought that maybe it was unhealthy to get stuck in there (the intake of the pump). 2nd, a chromis. 3rd, a peppermint shrimp. more my fault for not covering it up with a screen or spnoge after the first time. it is now covered. rip fishies.

Any pump can be a fish killer lol. Do you have a moonlight? If you dont, maybe your livestocks swam blindly right to the pump at night.

i have the skimmer box on mine and my fire fish jumped into the box and got sucked up.

My newly aquired clownfish also got sucked into the intake and survived. I got home and notived an orange thing in the intake. it took me 5 seconds to realize it was a fish and I unplugged it.

Ever since, he has stayed away from the skimmer.

Try prefilter sponges then. I've never had problem with my fish getting sucked up by pumps. I think my fish are smart ;)

john0087 said:
My newly aquired clownfish also got sucked into the intake and survived. I got home and notived an orange thing in the intake. it took me 5 seconds to realize it was a fish and I unplugged it.

Ever since, he has stayed away from the skimmer.

im glad he survived. ive got a peice of sponge in there. im not taking anymore chances, lol. i wanna get the preskimmer box too. i dont have any jumpers so hopefully they wont get in there. im trying to get a sump going to get all the equipment out of the main, so i really dont want prefilter sponges, i dont like the look of them and i dont want to worry about cleaning them and such.

vsnsofadrgn, just an FYI. I have an AquaC Remora w/ a prefilter box. There are two problems that im having with the box:

1. Too big :/ I had to rearrange alot of LR to put it in
2. If your water level gets too low, the pump will suck air, burn up and start a fire 0.o So you gotta do some mods to the box before you put it in the tank for safety

HTH

I'm not having a good time with mine either. I got the prefilter box/surface skimmer thingy attachment, but when the water gets just little bit low, it's noisy as heck. I may be switching back to my Bak Pak for my 29g.

Get this, if you drill the box, the prefilter function is useless. The box is designed with the holes on top so the pump gets the water from the surface - skim the surface protein. If you drill the box, the pump will just get the water from the lower hole.

Back
Top Bottom