What right calcuim supplement? Please Help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishboy-from-NY

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I am having trouble with the current Calcium & Alkalinity supplement that I use which is ESV-B Ionic Calcium & Alkalinity. They end up raising the salinity level in my tank over 1.026 and have to do water changes in order to prevent it from passing over 1.030. Please let me know what products that you use that don't affect the Salinity.

Thanks for all your help.

:microwave:

i use seachem calcium and seachem alk, i1capfull of each every tues and thurs for my 55 gal and a 2 gal water change every week, this keeps my parameters in a good balance... then again i have very few corals though my xenia has literaly exploded with growth, i now have 4 colonies from the original one colony and its only been two weeks! im hoping it cant sustain this level of growth... otherwise ill have problem

I use Calcium+3. So far no problems with ph or salinity. I use it once a week after my water change. My test kit is on its way so I may have to up the dosage or switch to kalk. There are several diy kalk adders in the DIY areas.

Been using B-ionic for over 2 years with no effect on my slainity. No one else that I know has problems with it either.... Very strange.. What size did you get? Did you use ro/di to mix it or salt water?
Was reading your tank...... Unless you want alot of coraline algae you don't need to add the cla & alk to your FO tank...... I harldy add it to my fowlr, maybe 2-3 times in over a year and i have alot of corlaine on my LR and startign to grow on glass. Water changes add enough back to keep it growing....

Back
Top Bottom