Who says lightning dont strike twice...Thanks USPS

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

reefbound

Aquarium Advice Freak
Again Hara,Thank you for the frags you resent... But our wonderful USPS struck again, This time it was so bad it knocked the top off one of the huge cups that was inside spilling most of the water... But this time,Thankfully the frags survived...Our letter carrier even asked if I wanted to refuse delivery... :roll: I think Im finished using USPS for any FRAGILE packages...

Looks like the boxes UPS dropped off at my house a few times. A few phone calls and treats fixed it though. UPS has been very good lately. I have a new delivery guy now.

Wow. Looks like they read FRAGILE and destroyed that box on purpose! Man. What a mess. They should have to be held accountable. Bullet proof box next time...

Brenden said:
LOL, I usually yell at them but I suppose treats could work too
Usually helps if you say something about their mom. :lol:

I would love to meet the intelligent and courteous,quality oriented,first rate employee that had a hand in this dirty deed,Thats what I think it was because it happened twice...probably the same person.

From when I used to work in shipping and recieving, I was told by our UPS represenative to NOT put the fragile stickers on the box because employees deliberatly knock it around :? Probly the same for the rest of em

I think that any delivery service anymore doesn't take care of packages as we would like them too. But here is one that happened to my a couple of months ago. After waiting two weeks for a package from a fish store, some filters and a pump, I called them to see what the holdup was. They said everything was still on backorder. Well the next day it comes in and the box looks like it went threw WWIII. Nothing in it was usable. Call the company get a reorder and another two weeks goes by and this time the story was that it got shipped to Texas by accident. So I waited anther week for the third reorder before I just called an asked for a refund. Reefbound be glad you got your coral frags, You are truly lucky! Oh, yeah threats didn't work either thats when they made it a mission to destroy anything they see with my address on it. That company is FEDEX! But just hope you all have better luck than I do.

I'm glad the frags survived, but I must say that USPS and the UPS are both very hard on parcels. When I moved across the US, I spoke with a UPS driver and he told me to go with Rubbermaid containers since the others may shatter if kicked--his words, not mine. As for the USPS, I am amazed anything gets to where it's going--and I have worked in 7 different offices over the years. The longer something is in the system, the more time there is for something to go wrong. Remember, boxes are not stacked neatly; they often end up upside down or on their sides. Once the water was spilled, the box structure was compromised and the box ripped--next time, use a Rubbermaid tub ;)

When I had the problem with UPS they were called and told I wanted a supervisor at my house to look at what the UPS delivery guy had done. The supervisor showed up and took pictures and had to carry the packages around to the door where they should have been delivered.approx 40 yds and 500 lbs of packages. :D It looked like the delivery guy had them on the back of the truck and backed up fast and slammed on the brakes sending the packages flying and bursting in the driveway. Next UPS delivery came beat to pieces and left in the sun with live fish written on it. Another quick phone call with re-imburse or lawsuit prompted a manager and a supervisor to the house followed the next day by a new delivery guy knocking on the door asking where, when we wanted our packages delivered. Been great ever since. Get the manager out there to move 500 lbs of packages in 100 degree weather and things will happen. :D

We got a christmas card in August in the mail one year. Scary thing was it was post dated from the christmas the year before last (20 months ago) :D

postal insurance is not that expensive.. I would insure the packages of live frags for there retail value and when they screwed a package like that up I'd get the insurance money and buy me some frags.. :p

You ever tried to collect on postal insurance? I suggest you use that money to buy a lotto ticket. Better chance of getting something out of it.

Never fails..........if you don't care about something being delivered or it's not urgent/fragile, all goes well...........when you wait at your front door for it and pay extra for fast shipping..............all goes down hill!

Back
Top Bottom