Ziggy's Nano Build (again)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The stand and tank are level now....yippy! turns out I had the stand too close to the wall and it was sitting on the nailer strip that holds the carpet down... LOL so now it is about 1.5" off the wall and nice and level.

Tank is filling back up....

Great thread Zig. That stand looks great, and the LEDs look great too! I love the tile, and the color. Good work. You need to get those Octopus pulls installed!

Man, we are neck and neck in the marathon to water :)

haha thanks!!

I'm filling up for the final time. I'll have the plumbing installed today and have the sump water tested. 24 hours should be enough for the silicone to set up....

I'm going to be working on getting the wiring complete for the LEDs. I need to pick up something to run the wire in so it looks nice and neat. A trip to Harbor Freight is in order I think!!!

So the plumbing is done...all I have to do is hook the pump up to the return via the hose I picked up today....

Here are some pics:

001asl.jpg

002ux.jpg

The sump in place with skimmer. The center section will be a 4.5g fuge. The return section is to the far right. I will also have the dedicated fuge (5g) located above the return section. This will come a little later.
004urz.jpg

And the tank filling yet again....

006cfz.jpg

I just want to toss this out there...I freaking LOVE my RKE!!! Being able to hook my laptop up to the whole system and manage everything is so awesome!!!! Now Digital Aquatics needs to just release the Salinity Probe and the Wireless Net adapter!!

I just want to toss this out there...I freaking LOVE my RKE!!! Being able to hook my laptop up to the whole system and manage everything is so awesome!!!! Now Digital Aquatics needs to just release the Salinity Probe and the Wireless Net adapter!!

I gotta say I LOVE my RKE as well! I juts plug my netbook in and program stuff whenever the urge arises. so easy and this thing controls everything you can want it too. :)

One of my favorite toys. lol

Sand is going in the tank now...next will be the rock....

The pipe method...
dscn3916r.jpg

dscn3917as.jpg

Still gets cloudy so...

The sump with fuge has sand in it too...
dscn3918t.jpg

Some more pics...

I mounted the RKE Head unit next to the Intercom....works out nicely I can see what's going on without having to go into the cabinet.
dscn3912u.jpg

Current temp in the tank:
008tst.jpg

Small filter on the tank with floss to help remove the cloudiness...
007ght.jpg

As you can see the tank is a giant cloud but that is to be expected...
003qor.jpg

Skimmer is online and working overtime!!
005yla.jpg

The whole sump
004lkf.jpg

silly question, but why is the water level in the first two chambers so high?

I wanted 10" of depth in the skimmer and Fuge sections. I haven't fine tuned the return section yet. Still working on getting everything running how I want it.

LOL. my question was gonna be why is the water in the third chamber so low?

LOL...

That would be the correct question.... I intend to keep the level in the return chamber lower than the other two. I haven't figured out exactly what that level needs to be right now. I do know that when the pump shuts off there is virtually no drain back from the return line.

Well the tank is nearly clear. I will have to polish the water some and of course clean the glass off. Here are a few shots...

The rock is not scaped yet....I just put it in there while the water was cloudy and this is what it ended up looking like. I will work on the aquascape tomorrow. Also tomorrow I'm going to pick up some macro and a bit of LR just to help jump start the system...

019gk.jpg

From the Left side of the tank:
017rwc.jpg

Right side:
018vo.jpg

I still have a ton of rock to place in the tank but these are the larger pieces... Tomorrow I will work on that and post more pics

So I have been bouncing around trying to decide what to do for lighting under my tank. I forgot all about all the LEDs that I have so I made my own...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom