Ziggy's Nano Build (again)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Zig, will corals actually grow out of the water of their own accord, or will it stop growing up and start growing out?

Some pics from yesterday...

036yp.jpg

025coe.jpg

001vysc.jpg

006qsd.jpg

020oq.jpg

015kpk.jpg

How do you keep your tank so crystal clear?! I'm thinking about getting a reefkeeper so my lights aren't running to much and so it keeps the temp at a good level. Are these difficult to use?

Also just bought an led setup. How long should I run blue and white lights? Bought a stronger power head to increase water flow. Setting up uv sterilizer this weekend as well. Hoping that all these things combined will help with hair algae in my tank. Also thinking about getting a kole tang or lawnmower blenny. My tank is an oceanic 45 tech with 10g sump btw.

How do you keep your tank so crystal clear?! I'm thinking about getting a reefkeeper so my lights aren't running to much and so it keeps the temp at a good level. Are these difficult to use?

I do PWCs every other week. I don't add any thing to the tank really. I only run Carbon 1 week per month. I have a good skimmer and I have a sump with Fuge.

My water is filtered for the most part naturally.

Also just bought an led setup. How long should I run blue and white lights? Bought a stronger power head to increase water flow. Setting up uv sterilizer this weekend as well. Hoping that all these things combined will help with hair algae in my tank. Also thinking about getting a kole tang or lawnmower blenny. My tank is an oceanic 45 tech with 10g sump btw.

You should go to Digitalaquatics.com and read about the RKE/RKL and see if these will do what you are looking for. LED control is available but only with compatible drivers. I custom built my LEDs and bought drivers that were compatible with the RKE. My Blues come on at 11:00am and go off at 11:00pm. There is a 2 hour ramp period so they are at full intensity at noon and begin ramping down at 10:00pm. Whites begin ramping at noon and take 1.5 hours to get to full intensity which is 85%.

I have moon lights that are controlled by the RKE as well and they are set to the current lunar cycle here in MD.

As far as your hair algae issue, what are you feeding? what kind of filtration do you have?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom