Local Fish Stores

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That guy is my friend's neighbor.
Lindsay, Cindy, you in? I only know where ricks is.....

I've been to Mr. Corals and you won't be disappointed. Unfortunately, my husband is in the hospital again and it's not likely I'll be able to join you all. I'm sorry.
It's really easy to find though. It's in a small strip mall not far off 70, on the left. You'll probably see his truck parked there. Have fun.

I wish I could go. I'm so envious of all the trips you all have been making. It's just been bad timing for me. I'm hoping to pick my husband up today or tomorrow (he's in the Washington Hospital Center) and I'll be driving right by Mr Coral on the way. *sigh* Enjoy, I can't wait to see what you all come home with. :)

Hellathafish,
Where do you typically go? Is there anything in your area?

There is nothing in my area. I have not found a good LFS within an hour. I do go to the one in Winchester (don't remember the name), but that is still and hour away.

That would be Winchester Aquarium and thier stock is hit or miss most of the time. And thier corals are normally... well frankly, aweful. I travel to Baltimore and Frederick myself which is 1.5-2hrs. Stinks when there are no good local stores.

I agree with you on the corals. But until I get a better light I will not buy any coral seems like a waste of money to me. I tend to go to Frederick or in to PA.

I guess I`m not allowed to come. LOL I cant come this weekend but I sure would like to make a trip at least to Allen`s and catch a ride with him up there. I`m camping this weekend but keep me in the loop I want to meet some more of ya`ll. I think the only ones I have met so far is Scott and Lindsay. KEEP IN TOUCH!!!!!

Mike, I wouldn't suggest you come all the way up for these LFSs, they really aren't all that....at least not for a 3-4 hour drive. Wait till we hit a few of the Md ones, they are a heck of a lot better.....But you are always welcome to come along.

It was nice to meet you and the wife. Hope to get togeather again and hopefully more can come out. I look forward to meeting more of you in the future.

Yeah, it was great! I saw a $600 coral! Mr Corals just had a 25% discount on fish, inverts and coral. If you brought a family member you got an additional 25% off, so I could have bought a $600 coral for $300. I didn't even think of that till I got home! DUH!

I have 2 freshwater tanks as well. Here is a list of the tanks that I have.
Freshwater: 46 bow front and a 29
Saltwater: 38 and 75

I am not the one that know the freshwater that is the wife. She wanted the saltwater and now she is regretting getting them because of me. I drive here nuts with all the time I spend reading up on what I need and want to do with the tanks.

Hi all. I am from the Brunswick MD area and was trying to search for a good fish store nearby. You all seem to be pretty knowledgable. I don't care for Rick's at all and petsmart isn't cutting it for my new fish tank. I currently have 2 planted tanks, a 10 and a 15 and am starting my 3rd(29 gallon). The closest fish store seems to be Aquatic Creations. Can you all give me some reviews of this store?

Back
Top Bottom