55 gallon shrimp tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alex55-20

Aquarium Advice Regular
I am deciding to turn my community tank into a planted shrimp tank. Need good advice on a good CO2 system and good plants, substrate. Decided on two powerhead sponge filters and a circulation pump. Stock list 1 vampire shrimp, pair of CPO's, crystal red shrimp, Thai micro crabs, horned neritie snails, 10 neon tetras, and a glass catfish. Oh and any cool neocardina shrimp. Thanks !

I can't help you out on much but I would definitely get a school of at least 4 ghost cats as they will become stressed and will die If you don't get a school.

I'm making a little shrimp tank too now if you want to bounce ideas off each other :D I know this an old thread.

I am deciding to turn my community tank into a planted shrimp tank. Need good advice on a good CO2 system and good plants, substrate. Decided on two powerhead sponge filters and a circulation pump. Stock list 1 vampire shrimp, pair of CPO's, crystal red shrimp, Thai micro crabs, horned neritie snails, 10 neon tetras, and a glass catfish. Oh and any cool neocardina shrimp. Thanks !

I've been doing a lot of research on CPOs, and some people say they are shrimp safe and others say that they will eat shrimp if given the chance. They are also cannibalistic! :eek: It hasn't deterred me....I still want them, but I'm doing a species tank for them. ;)

I was considering crays (maybe Cajuns instead of Mexicans) for my 5g shrimp tank, and I firmly believe they could co exist.

But also, I'm trying to be very minimalistic -- mind you not self sustaining -- but very simple. So I ruled them out.

Back
Top Bottom