Agressive Silvertip tetra

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MrsPeel

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have 5 silver tip tetra in my 29 gal right now. I have 2 males and 3 females. As of last night I have noticed that one of the males has gotten very aggressive towards the other fish to the point he is chasing fish all over the tank at lightening speed. Everything I read about these fish says they are peaceful (typical I have the freeky ones). I'm wondering if he is this way because there is another male in the tank or he just a chip on his shoulder.

Any suggestions???

Thay have been in residence since Friday (the 21)

breeding? my danios just nip a lil and just play around but tetras maybe be different or same

I have read that silver tips are not eas to breed, so I automatically ruled that one out. :?

As of this morning he is still at it. I'm thinking I want to bring him back to the LFS, but I just don't want to give up on him.

More than likely, he is feeling his oats in the new tank, but I would think he should start settling in. I have 3 male silvertips and one female (yes, my ratio is backwards, but they were tiny when I bought them). They get along great until the female starts spreading eggs all over the tank and all the males chase after her. Then everything goes back to normal.
You may need to give up on your little freak of nature and bring him back to the LFS to restore calm to your tank.

I'm giving him until tomorrow, he is mainly just chasing after the other male now. So I'm thinking I may just get another female. Won't the last male be a little happy. :)

Back
Top Bottom