average life of killifish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
there is no average life span.... there are some that are annual meaning they hatch they spawn and die in around a years time. in nature these only exist during the rainy season. often found in small pools the dry up during the dry season. on the other hand there some whos life span is 2-3 years i believe there some up to around 5 years but dont quote me.

it just depends on what one you are talking about.

yea =[ too bad these guys awe awesome, i gtg do more research >_____< i like fish that have a long life span =P so hopefully i can find the one that can "last" a while

Koi if kept well will out live you! But carp aside you can probably check out some characins. There are a few that live 15years+. I just can't recall any right now. I've kept a betta for 6 years though.

clown loaches have a 15 year ish lifespan. and theyre pretty.
on the killifish thing i keep seeing those "magic fish" things. they're killifish and they give a ave lifespan of 3 months (some say 1-2 years)! i have a nasty feeling thats just because they think the people buying these things wont have a clue how to actually keep fish.

clown loaches have a 15 year ish lifespan. and theyre pretty.
CL also need a much larger tank then any killi would need.

i have a nasty feeling thats just because they think the people buying these things wont have a clue how to actually keep fish.
dont think its that just different types like i pointed out have different life spans.

yea =[ too bad these guys awe awesome, i gtg do more research >_____< i like fish that have a long life span =P so hopefully i can find the one that can "last" a while
maybe this will help you a little. Lifespans of Aquarium Fish - All About Lifespans of Aquarium Fish

Koi if kept well will out live you! But carp aside you can probably check out some characins. There are a few that live 15years+. I just can't recall any right now.
general statement larger fish live longer then smaller fish. there are many fish out there that live a long time.

Back
Top Bottom