Best Tank Mates for Threadfin Rainbowfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishenthusiast

Aquarium Advice Addict
What are the best tank mates for Threadfin Rainbowfish? I have a 30 gallon planted tank.

Can't go wrong with a big group of cories for the bottom strata since the rainbows will stay up top mostly.

Here's the list I keep of nano fish I research and like:
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1397859413.856611.jpg
I think these would all be perfect tankmates for threadfins as long as you don't have any larger fish that might scare them or eat them.

Threadfins really aren't picky about tankmates, as long as you avoid the kinds that like to nibble on long trailing fins or the ones that don't have compatible water parameter needs. I have mine in a 75 gallon with gourami, a red tail black shark, rams, checkerboard cichlids, loaches, cherry barbs, otos, and guppies. The males are constantly out doing their fin flicking displays to each other and the girls.

I HAVE MY THREADFINS WITH SERAPE TETRAS, 4 OTHER RAINBOWS, 2 GOLDEN RAMS, BLUE RAMS, BOLIVIAN RAM, X RAY TETRAS. REALLY ANY COMMUNITY FISH WOULD BE ACCEPTABLE I THINK. RAINBOWS ARE GREAT FISH. THEY LIKE TO HAVE COMPANY SO I HAVE 5 MIXED RAINBOWS IN MY 55 GALLON. HERE'S A PICTURE.
36993-albums13605-picture64500.jpg

36993-albums13605-picture64504.jpg

36993-albums13605-picture64496.jpg

I just noticed i don't have a pic of the threadfins. Sorry :-(

Back
Top Bottom