Bloodfin tetras wont school!?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bartlette

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So i went to the LFS, specifically looking for a tetra or rasbora to be in the 29 with my angel and German ram, as well as a few Otocinclus cats. I ended up leaving with 9 bloodfins, i liked the red and white contrast with my angel, which is pure black with amazingly straight fins... Anyway, from fay one the didn't school... They eat and swim fine and everything...

Sent from a cave in the eastward side o a sand dune.

It is considered a good thing if they are not schooling. This means they are very comfortable with their environment and do not feel the need for the safety of a school.

Caleb

Oh. I wasnt aware of that... I just assumed schooling fish school! Is there a way i could get that affect of them shoaling without putting them in harms way? Or should i just leave it be?? I really just bought them because i wanted a shoaling fish...

You will likely see them huddle together during your next water change as most fish don't find it very pleasant.. If one of your fish gets a little feisty as well you will likely see it.

Caleb

I havent even noticed it in WC time!! I might just plop them in with the cichlids in the 55 when i get it set up, if they dont ever school.. Then i would know that they wouldnt have diseases if they got eaten.. Hehe

Back
Top Bottom