Can you help me identify these fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

80four

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I had a tank of fish left with me over the weekend when my brother moved to australia, i have no idea what the majority of them are, so if anyone can offer any help of pointers, i'd be greatful.

bigguy.jpg

above: the big fish, he likes to stay under the filter and comes out when the tank is dark.

bottomfeeder_Layer1.jpg

above: a bottom feeding fish of some kind... quite active and occasionally pops to the top and then back to the bottom.

middlefish_Layer1.jpg

above: the fish in the middle of the picture... its a nice looking fish, but i have no idea what it is?

IMG_0646_Layer1.jpg

above: probably my favorite fish in the tank, a very good looking fish... please help me identify what this is?

IMG_0631_Layer1.jpg

above: see through fish, there are 6 of them in the tank - i believe the fish in the background are clown loach?

IMG_0622_Layer1.jpg

above: a big picture of the tank - there are a couple of fish who moved too fast for my camera!!

Thanks for the help.

84 :)

First is a sailfin (gibbiceps) pleco, second is a Corydoras paleatus (best in small schools of 5 or greater), third appears to be a fairly colourless rosy barb, next (your favourite) is a Puntius dennisoni (AKA dennisoni/dennisons barb, AKA roseline shark)...the last two I cannot say, as the links to the pics take you to some commercial site.

Yes, I now see a white cloud, the glass cats, a couple of glowlight tetras, 3 small clown loaches, and what could be (the blurred fish) a red-tail rasbora.

The blurred fish looks more like a bloodfin tetra to me, not a redtail rasbora although I could be mistaken since the pic is blurry

Back
Top Bottom