Cories can't seem to find their food

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Karentcs2

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I recently set up and cycled my new 14 gallon biocube. I added 3 peppered cories a few days ago and they seem to be enjoying the tank. They swim together, run up and down the walls, lounge on the plants... Adorable! I am planning on stocking it with other fish as well in a few days. Anyways, I have feeding the cories shrimp pellets and hikari wafers. They have nibbled at them some, but in their search for food, they never seem to find any of it. There are still reminants of the wafers and pellets from a few days ago. Is there any way that I can get them to notice the food?

I know they won't starve because I am giving them food, I was just wondering if there was any reason they are letting the food sit there for days without eating it.

Peppered cory are funny they seem to have a out there type of mind set....their like dogs and how they have a side tracked typed mind set... Mine took like a week or two before really eating or anything they are just getting use to their new home

Karentcs2 said:
I know they won't starve because I am giving them food, I was just wondering if there was any reason they are letting the food sit there for days without eating it.

Also if they dont eat their food in 5 min u should take it out with a net its bad to just leave it in there

Sounds like you are overfeeding. Cories scavenge by nature, and when they are hungry, they will zone right into any pellets or wafers that hit the bottom.

Also agreed with the above posts, they may be getting settled in, and don't leave uneaten food in the tank for long periods of time.

I tend to agree with jeta. Sounds like overfeeding. They really don't need a whole lot to eat and if they are hungry, they will find it (pretty quickly actually). As Xfactor mentioned, vac up the excess food so that you don't end up having an issue with your water parameters.

Back
Top Bottom