I'm going to be getting Cory fish.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The reagents in test kits are not safe to ingest and it's preferable not to get them on your skin. However, if you do get it on your skin, just wash it off with warm soapy water after. You should also avoid pouring them down the drain. Pour them on the lawn instead. I have had plenty of test kit chemicals on my hands and don't have anything bad growing on them.

If you are buying test kits and dechlorinators, check the expiry date on them and keep them in a cool dark place when not being used. I put mine in a plastic icecream container with a lid, on the bottom shelf in the fridge. The fridge is not an auto defrosting one. If you have an auto defrost fridge, keep the medications, test kits and water conditioner away from the back wall of the fridge and away from the door. These parts heat up more during the defrost cycle, which can happen every night.

"NB" Make sure children and animals cannot get the test kits, medications and dechlorinators.

Thanks for your reply. I do have problem. My hands are shaky. Does API Test Kit come with a holder for the vials, Does it hurt if you spill some API liquid on yourself? I'm not sure if it's safe for the skin if you do use it. I'm on medications for medications, which cause my hands to shake. It's a little bit better—not as bad as it used to get.
As far as buying stuff for my tank. I can wait until the bottle is half full. It takes Amazon a few days to ship it to me.

In the master kit, the vials should be in a holder so you can use that when you are doing the drops for the tests. You would then use the tops to the vials to close them then you will need to shake the vials to mix the chemicals.
As for them being dangerous to the skin, I haven't had any issues. I also think if the chemicals were dangerous, they would not be available as an over the counter item.
As for the texts being red, I don't have that issue. I only see black lettering. (y)

Can I use Fritzzyme 7- Along with Prime?
Wow some of my text looks red. Do you see what I see?
I wounder when I post this, if the text will remain the same. I'm not sure how that was done but it looked cool, if the text remains that way. Well gotta get some shut eyed. I been up for 16 hours. The red text is gone, well it looked cool. Goodbye Red Text.
Fritzyme and PRIME are two different products that perform different functions. There is no need to use the fritzyme and prime at the same time tho. Once you get the test kit situation resolved and know what your readings really are, you may not need the fritzyme anymore. You would only need to use it if you kill off the bacteria bed. Also, Fritzyme only has a 6 month shelf life so it will be useless after that time. It's just for creating an initial bacteria bed in your aquarium or to boost it if you do something that kills off or retards the bed.

When using PRIME in an established tank, you should only need to use the PRIME when preparing water for water changes. The bacteria bed will be more established by then.

As for them being dangerous to the skin, I haven't had any issues. I also think if the chemicals were dangerous, they would not be available as an over the counter item.

You would be surprised at what poisonous substances can be bought over the counter. Glyphosate (Roundup) is a carcinogenic herbicide that can be bought from most supermarkets, hardware stores, plant nurseries and even the big chain stores.

Ant poison (Bithenfrin) can also be bought in a number of countries around the world even though it has recently been banned in the European Union due to its toxic nature and harmful side effects.

You can buy cigarettes over the counter if you are over 18.

Most fish medications contain toxic and poisonous substances. Some common dechlorinators contain poisonous substances. See the second line at the start of the second page (H400 Very toxic to aquatic life) at the following link.
https://www.apifishcare.com/pdfs/pr...r/tap-water-conditioner-safety-data-sheet.pdf

There's a whole pile of toxic things out there and you can buy most of them over the counter. :(

You would be surprised at what poisonous substances can be bought over the counter. Glyphosate (Roundup) is a carcinogenic herbicide that can be bought from most supermarkets, hardware stores, plant nurseries and even the big chain stores.

Ant poison (Bithenfrin) can also be bought in a number of countries around the world even though it has recently been banned in the European Union due to its toxic nature and harmful side effects.

You can buy cigarettes over the counter if you are over 18.

Most fish medications contain toxic and poisonous substances. Some common dechlorinators contain poisonous substances. See the second line at the start of the second page (H400 Very toxic to aquatic life) at the following link.
https://www.apifishcare.com/pdfs/pr...r/tap-water-conditioner-safety-data-sheet.pdf

There's a whole pile of toxic things out there and you can buy most of them over the counter. :(
That said, I've yet to see, hear about or know anyone who had an adverse reaction to a drop or two of test reagent on their skin ( and I know a lot of people who have done that.) :whistle:

Thank you.

That said, I've yet to see, hear about or know anyone who had an adverse reaction to a drop or two of test reagent on their skin ( and I know a lot of people who have done that.) :whistle:

Well, now that I know it's safe; I will be buying Master Test kit tomorrow from Amazon. It should take a few days to get to me, but I can't be without it. I need to know for sure, if there are any problems, or not. I love my fishie's and I do not want them to die, like all my guppies did.

Well, now that I know it's safe; I will be buying Master Test kit tomorrow from Amazon. It should take a few days to get to me, but I can't be without it. I need to know for sure, if there are any problems, or not. I love my fishie's and I do not want them to die, like all my guppies did.

Knowledge is power. Correct info is even more powerful. ;) (y)

NITRITES And NITRATES

NITRITES NO2- 1
NITRATES NO3 50
For 20 gallon High
ph is 7.6

NITRITES NO2- 0
NITRATES NO3 10
For 6.5 Gallon tank.
ph is 8.4

NITRITES NO2- 0
NITRATES NO3 -0
for other 6.5 Gallon tank.
ph is 6.2

I will do the same test when I get Api liquid test kit. I do not have any Ammonia test strips I ran out. In the next few days I will be able to test with Api test kit.

Back
Top Bottom