Corydoras moments

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pleco11771

Aquarium Advice Freak
I just had to share this because it really made me smile. So I'm feeding the Tiger barbs and killi who are verocious, a couple days ago I asked why my cories were hiding in the PVC so much but anyway about 5 seconds into feeding one by one their popping out of the tunnel ready for action! Gotta love cories, anyone else have moment of cories to share?

My albino cories are like bulldozers. The just swim and anyone in their way gets smacked. Lol When I had my jd he was very confused, because he thought he was the boss!

Heehee, they are just so cute.
Usually mine sleep in the shade during the day. But once i put food in for them they come out of their rest spots all at one time, lined up. They descend on food like a big wave. And this is a large group of skunks, peppered and albinos. So cool to watch!

And of course they are the cutest when they dog pile on top of a wafer.

Heehee, they are just so cute.
Usually mine sleep in the shade during the day. But once i put food in for them they come out of their rest spots all at one time, lined up. They descend on food like a big wave. And this is a large group of skunks, peppered and albinos. So cool to watch!

And of course they are the cutest when they dog pile on top of a wafer.

Some day I will have a 40 breeder just for them and watch an all out assault on shrimp pellets

My bigger corys bulldoze other fish over too! The albinos and peppered seem think that everybody else will move, so they just keep swimming right through the smaller julii and immature elegans.
I love how they just swim around and move their little whiskers and seem so calm, then suddenly have hyper spasms and vault around the tank. Then, they just back to what they were doing.

just a quick question here instead of having to make a totally new post, since you guys are cory people, i have 4 skunks but i want to get a few more cories, and the lfs i got them from doesnt have anymore and wont be getting them, could i add a different kind in there with them?

just a quick question here instead of having to make a totally new post, since you guys are cory people, i have 4 skunks but i want to get a few more cories, and the lfs i got them from doesnt have anymore and wont be getting them, could i add a different kind in there with them?

Yes certainly, I have 2 albinos, 1 bronze and 2 julii and they are fine and school

I love cories! I loved watching them do their wiggle dance up and down the glass when I was about to feed them. I do miss mine, I rehomed them to my boyfriend's little brother's tank. He enjoys them quite a lot, of course.

IMO, yes. I suggest you have least 2 of every species though. I currently have 1 3-line, 2 albinos, 4 peppered, and 2 elegans. I am trying to trade my 3-line for another elegans, or else get another 3-line. But, I see them all shoal together and hang out. IME, the different species do not school as tightly as all one species would, but they all don fine together and hang out. They seem to be able to recognize other corys and prefer species who look similar to themselves.
However, you should be aware that some cory species are more shy than others and those species seem to do better in species groups. For example, I would not advise having only 2 panda corys or pygmy corys because they are shyer than bronze, peppered, or albino. :)

@Pleco, the albinos are bronze corys. Its the same species, just an albino form. :) Every once in awhile, some other albino form hits the matket, but it is typically the bronze cory.

Love my bronze cories! They are totally funny. They seem to be clueless of what goes on in the tank, so whenever the ram or tetras are at the bottom of the tank, they simply run into them and the fish being hit swim across the tank where the cories aren't! It's really funny, all the fish are wary of them, even my angel who is head honcho! They also love to play with the biggest cory, who is a female. Spawn every week with eggs everywhere! :)

just picked up some Green cories, i can already see a lot more activity from the group now that there are 7 not 4. so fun to watch. They new guys also like to dig a lot more than the skunks i have.

another quick question are 'green' the same as 'emerald green'? they were marked different at petsmart :/

I think so, and if they are the same the emaralds will grow larger than the other cories.

Im not even sure if theyre true corydoras

here are some pictures(the best i could get)
i tried researching them but all i could get was results for emeralds. Or that it is a variant of a bronze cory.

2qk6x5c.jpg

1058d1g.jpg

How cute!
The emerald cory is actually Brochis splendens. It is part of the subfamily of corys, but brochis is a different genus. It still behaves like true corys (members of the corydoras genus). It should only reach about 3 inches, but sometimes they can get a little bigger. :)

Back
Top Bottom