Glowlight Tetras vs. Cherry Barbs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I like glow light tetras rather than the cherry barbs. Cherry barb males are nice but don't show great color unless you have females around. Glow light tetras always look great b

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

I'm the opposite... Glowlight tetras are rather bland to me. All silver with one little orange stripe.

Cherry barbs are a nice spot of color with their red/black striping on the females or peachy pink on the males when they're showing off for the girls. The barbs also have more personality than the tetras imo. The males will dance a bit for the girls and shoo the other males away, while the glowlight tetras mostly just hang out.

cherrybarbs get bigger and are more active , no fish is better than an other , they all have there place
depends on the size of the tank , what else is in it how many you are getting
neons are great in a larger school but put a few alone in a big tank and it looks empty , put a few hundred in a 100 gal tank and it is something
put an angel in that tank with them and you get a fat angel

Personally I like cherry and rosy barbs more because they look more natural to me. But that's just my opinion :)

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Personally I like cherry and rosy barbs more because they look more natural to me. But that's just my opinion :)

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Glowlight tetras are natural. Just to be clear. Though, I assume you mean that the stripes on them maybe look unnatural..... ? Just double checking. :)

I personally also prefer cherry barbs. I currently have both in different tanks. I like the activity level and the coloration of he cherry barbs a lot more.

Depends on what you like though, and what space you have.

Back
Top Bottom