Good vegetables for fish??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

demajori

Aquarium Advice Regular
what are some good vegetables that I can feed my fish? like lettuce? cucumbers? also how do I give it to them? Thanks!

I have mostly platys, swordtails, mollies, neons, pleco, and some bottom feeders.

Be aware not all fish will eat vegetables but a few good ones are:

Cucumber
Zuchinni
Banana
Peas
Lettuce
Sweet potato
Spinach

Crepe said:
Be aware not all fish will eat vegetables but a few good ones are:

Cucumber
Zuchinni
Banana
Peas
Lettuce
Sweet potato
Spinach

Hehehehe Banana's not a vegetable silly :)

Yes. Plecos will love you if you feed them that! Make sure that if they don't eat , remove it otherwise it will rot the water

My Plecos love Zucchini. And like Samzter says, remove excess or else it will start to degrade your water condition.

God Vegetables

what are some good vegetables that I can feed my fish? like lettuce? cucumbers? also how do I give it to them? Thanks!

I have mostly platys, swordtails, mollies, neons, pleco, and some bottom feeders.

Hello dem...

I feed some minced garlic every so often. Contains good nutrients and is a natural antibotic. My fish love it.

B

I got a cucumber and zucchini. Will give it to them tomorrow. Hope they like it!

Cut the cucumber, or zucchini in slices and secure it to a flat rock or someting similar. The plecos, and other cats will find it. I have several Peckoltia that I feed cukes, and zucchini on a regular basis. As previously said be sure to take out leftovers the next morning so it doesn't foul the water.

My plecos love cucumber and zucinni. I stick a fork in mine, it stays right where I put it.

I leave mine for 2-3 days. I do it before the water change.,my water doesnt change much. You may have to ryn your own test to see what wirks for you

Back
Top Bottom