heater burns on my fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

carls tank

Aquarium Advice Newbie
hi i know this might sound quite daft but i had 2 panda moors in my tank but unfortunatly on of them has been burnt by my heater and has sadly died. i was wondering if i could make a cover for my heater to stop the fish being burned but also still heat the water.
please help i dont want to loose anymore
thanks

Welcome to AA!

You definitely can make a heater cover. The easiest way to do it is to use PVC pipe. Notch the pipe so it fits over the heater suction cups and drill a lot of small holes in the pipe for good water flow. Paint it whatever color you like with Krylon Fusion spray paint and let it cure for a few days. You'll have a pretty good heater cover.

hey thank you i hadnt thought about that lol
that is a good idea so basically as long as the water flow is good it should work
cheers

They have something called a heater module at big ALS for like 30 dollars. You put the heater in it and it sucks water in the tube and it gets heated and comes out warm, without burning your fish and it's better than having a heater by itself, because water from the tank circulates around the heater and it heats more water, but there are probably some do it yourself things you could do if you don't like the module. I just hate DIY you might love DIY if not you could by the module.

O sorry didn't know that, it's a website that sell cheap aquarium stuff. I don't know if they have a uk bigalsonline.com you can try it. If not then google or whatever you use to search it's called a lifeguard aquatics heater module. There are probably other brands this is the only one I could find just search heater module aquarium or something.
im from the uk mate what is big all's

You could also just get some cheap plastic mesh from the craft store, and make a tube to hang around your heater. It has alot of holes so the heated water would still be able to be circulated around the tank, but the fish could not get next to the heater. Plastic mesh is my answer to everything LOL. ;)

Back
Top Bottom