How to deal with overstocking...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well right now there is no gas in the city, I havn't seen a station open in a few days :/

I will ask in class but its game weekend so nobody is doing anythig productive.

0.00 Last time I was out I didn't see a gas station selling. I have heard there is one on the other side of town maintaining prices at 2.61 for regular.

ok just for the record,
after currency conversion and gallons to litres conversion
we are paying around 4.80 usd per gallon

Yep, people are hording it, if somone gets some gas its gone very very quickly.

Of the three, two of them are some of the more sedate Zebras I have seen, while one of them is the rather hyperactive.

I personaly think that if you could find new homes for the danios you would be set.. they are very hardy for new fish keepers at that..

Mabey, i've got the transport tank set up.

Question regarding same thing probly. I noticed today that my pepered corys are turning pink... Not their spots but under their spots. I'm wondering what it is? Any idea?

My idea is the changing water parameters... my Nitrites are rising (I think I got the problem figured out tho), could It just be stress?

Its is somwhere between 0.25-0.5 and I do daily water changes of 25-50% so the water hangs round 0.15-0.20 most of the day.

I've reduced the ammount I feed the fish, vacume the gravel every other day, and keep the filter flowing at its highest rate (going to turn power head back on today).

it sounds like your still cycling the tank.. just keep up the good work.. the cories should get better soon with the next water change..

Yea it stablized about a week ago then i appparently did somthing to it and its been going though it all again :/ Mabey I didn't decolorinate properly. I dont konw , but my poor fishies lol I'm doing what I can.

are you getting alot of stuff out of the gravel.. if not I wouldnt deep vacum durring a cycle.. good luck with that..
and as I said before.. I would look into giving the dannios to a new fish keeper that should fix the overstocking problem.. :p

I talked to a friend and she would be willing to trade me the dannios for two "micky mouse" mollies, but I dont think that would help my problem lol.

I vacumme mostly to get the uneaten alge pellets out of the gravel..

Well i got almost all the guppies out of the tank, and sadly removed 4 boddies that i didn't know were missing. Nitrites are alot better but fish dont look too happy :(

when the fish dont look happy the best solution is to try to get the water cleaner.. double and triple check for more bodies and you might want to clean out your filter (a impeller can grind a guppy into slush that doesnt look like fish but still will cause the same pollution problems) HTH

Back
Top Bottom