Killi eggs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fadetoblack06

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I need help I just picked up some killis last weekend and now I have eggs and don't know what to do with them. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I would like to have these ones hatch. I have been raising baby mollies and I'd like to try these too.

i think what ur supposed to do is keep them safe/warm/clean.....i'd add meth. blue(just enough to tinge water blue) to keep them clean/sterilized, i think it takes quite a while for them to hatch.......u can transfer them into a container or keep them in the tank(without the parents) with plenty of floating plants(mosses, etc.), and maybe a spawning mop.......

They're on the mop in a 1 gallon bowl right now do they'll be safe. I just want to make sure I do it right and I know there's a lot of knowledge on here

All my killie tanks are full of java moss and I leave the eggs in. Of course some of the babies get eaten, but many are able to hide in the moss and survive. My Gardneri population went from 6 fish to about 150 within a few months. So, what type of killies are they?

Back
Top Bottom