Looking for a cool fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lost Hero

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hey everyone I'm looking for a fish that looks scary or aggressive that can live in a 30 gal in a group or on its own

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Freshwater and I want to keep it that way

Is this a 36"x12" 30 gallon or a 30"x12" 29 gallon. I ask because I see 29s called 30s all the time. That 6" can make a big difference.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I truly appreciate you knowledgeable guys sharing neat fish and including names and pics. It makes us NooBs aspire to learn.

Yeah, it's fun knowing some neat fish to throw out there, but this suggested fish is a very aggressive fish that requires a larger than 30g tank and without knowing what else is going in the tank will tend to end poorly when suggesting an aggressive fish.

Yeah, it's fun knowing some neat fish to throw out there, but this suggested fish is a very aggressive fish that requires a larger than 30g tank and without knowing what else is going in the tank will tend to end poorly when suggesting an aggressive fish.

Your internet can't be broken if your posting here? A 4.5" fish doesn't require a larger tank than what the OP has. Plus he asked for something aggressive, hey what a coincidence but the fish I recommended meets all the requirements...

Your internet can't be broken if your posting here? A 4.5" fish doesn't require a larger tank than what the OP has. Plus he asked for something aggressive, hey what a coincidence but the fish I recommended meets all the requirements...

Hey everyone I'm looking for a fish that looks scary or aggressive that can live in a 30 gal in a group or on its own

From the OPs post it seems to me that he is looking for an intimidating fish. Not necessarily one that will murder everything. However, I could just be reading it wrong.

As to the tank size, here's a few from front page of google search. All bigger than the OPs 30g tank.

Crenicichla compressiceps (Compressiceps Dwarf Pike Cichlid) — Seriously Fish - 42g
Compressiceps Pike Cichlid, Crenicichla compressiceps Species Profile, Compressiceps Pike Cichlid Care Instructions, Compressiceps Pike Cichlid Feeding and more.  ::  Aquarium Domain.com - 55g
Dwarf Green Pike Cichlid - Crenicichla compressiceps - 55g
Dwarf pike cichlid, Crenicichla compressiceps — Fish, Tanks and Ponds - 66g

I was just appreciating the variety of fish that can be discussed here in a forum through experienced keepers, my comment wasn't relevant to the OPs ability to keep it.

How about a butterfly fish;
Tropical Fish for Freshwater Aquariums: African Butterflyfish
p-89621-butterfly.jpg

Get a lid!
Maybe a male bushynose pleco;
images

Could probably do both as they like different parts of tank.

I was also going to mention a butterfly fish! They don't do much though, much of the time they stay in one spot except when getting ready to "stalk" some food. They also prefer live food. Also, they can jump amazing distances, so you would have to have a tight fitting lid. The bushynose plecos are neat, but I gave mine to a fish store because they poop a TREMENDOUS amount in just a few days, and my filter was a mess in less than 5 days. I couldn't handle it. I like the leaf fish too, but hear they are hard to maintain, and keep alive. They also prefer live food, and are sometimes difficult to persuade to eat. They can be intimidated away from food by other fish as well.

Try Belonasox-Pike Livebearer I have a spare male if you're interested.

Is this a 36"x12" 30 gallon or a 30"x12" 29 gallon. I ask because I see 29s called 30s all the time. That 6" can make a big difference.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Aquarium Advice mobile app

From the OPs post it seems to me that he is looking for an intimidating fish. Not necessarily one that will murder everything. However, I could just be reading it wrong.

As to the tank size, here's a few from front page of google search. All bigger than the OPs 30g tank.

Crenicichla compressiceps (Compressiceps Dwarf Pike Cichlid) — Seriously Fish - 42g

Compressiceps Pike Cichlid,Â*Crenicichla compressicepsÂ*Species Profile, Compressiceps Pike Cichlid Care Instructions, Compressiceps Pike Cichlid Feeding and more.Â*Â*::Â*Â*Aquarium Domain.com - 55g

Dwarf Green Pike Cichlid - Crenicichla compressiceps - 55g

Dwarf pike cichlid, Crenicichla compressiceps — Fish, Tanks and Ponds - 66g

Murderous or the other will work

Back
Top Bottom