My filter has died i think!!? Helppp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CraigIsGod

Aquarium Advice Newbie
My filter has stopped working I leave it for a while then Let it run again and it stops in like 20 seconds and I can hear a slight fiz and it turns off again. It is also slightly warm on the back where I suppose the miter is.

Thanks guys.

I'm not shore, I'll have to check when I get home from work. There's abit of algae but it's just over heating, then stopping but then will keep working for another 20 seconds once left for a bit. I took apart and checked but couldn't see into the moter part not able to take apart.

Thanks for help

Make sure to keep the media wet so you don't loose the bacteria. I had the same problem with one of mine. Turned out the intake pipe was pushed onto the impeller to hard and was causing it to stop.

So how do I sort this problem out if it is that. Recently I have purchased 2 new fish a green spotted puffer and a cat fish, and there wasn't enough oxygen in the water so my filter is able to be sunk or just sit straight up with just the tip out of the water then I switch on for bubbles and iv been leaving it there.

Attachments

• image-2399146338.jpg
    image-2399146338.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 56
  • image-288846530.jpg
    image-288846530.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 61
Your tank will end up being too small for a catfish and 2 puffers (assuming they are all young and small right now).

Back
Top Bottom