Need Help With Angels

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tampa

Aquarium Advice Regular
I had 2 good sized (over 2 1/2 inch body) angels in a 20 gallon high tank. When I rearranged the tank during a cleaning I put in a piece of slate against the side of the tank. One of the angels went back behind the slate and got stuck and of course, sadly, died.
I don't want to leave the tank with a single angel and nothing else, and I really don't want to spend $35+ for a similar sized angel that might be much older and die of old age in a month or two.
Can I safely put in 2 quarter (25cent) size angels in the tank with the remaining larger angel ?

Thanks for you input and help

It is not very likely. Not impossible but not likely. Every fish is different and you would not know for sure until you tried, just have a back up plan and tank for emergency.

Also if you put in 2 angels it is quite possible 2 of the 3 would pair up even if they got along and you would still end up with an angel on the outs.

Are angelfish compatible with mollies, cories and my pleco? What about with a couple apistos or rams? If I wanted to only add one angelfish (with these others, when I have the bigger Amazon river style tank) would the angelfish be "lonely"? I could put two in if necessary, or none.

i have one angel with 4 gourami's and assorted tetras... he seems fine... happy... swims around alot... eats very well...

Adding additional angels to a tank is always iffy at best. The existing angel will go mad because others are in his/her territory. The new angels will try to assert dominance or escape, either way someone loses. Generally unless it's a bigger tank the loser doesn't survive.

The angel will get along with anything listed in your 30 gallon set up and then some. As long as the angel gets to be the boss, smaller fish are usually ok until they are small enough to be mouth sized (neons). Rummy nose are small enough to be in danger, but generally fast enough to take care of themselves.

Back
Top Bottom