Pea puffers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Honeybee_raby

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have 2 pea puffers in a 10 gallon aquarium that is planted and it feels so empty with just those 2 little guys. Would I be able to add cory cats or any thing else??

I have 2 pea puffers in a 10 gallon aquarium that is planted and it feels so empty with just those 2 little guys. Would I be able to add cory cats or any thing else??

They are best kept in species only tanks imo. If you do add any fish, they should be fast swimmers to try to avoid fin nipping. Would keep careful eye on it even if chosen wisely.

Otocinclus are proven tankmates. For some reason fish just don't bother them.

Anything else is just a chance. Puffers love to fin nip fish. Really fast fish can stress them.

Caleb

They are best kept in species only tanks imo. If you do add any fish, they should be fast swimmers to try to avoid fin nipping. Would keep careful eye on it even if chosen wisely.

That's what I originally thought too but I was watching videos on YouTube & there were multiple people had them with other fish, even a betta. I think I'll just buy a 5 gallon and cycle it for the little guys. Thank you!

That's what I originally thought too but I was watching videos on YouTube & there were multiple people had them with other fish, even a betta. I think I'll just buy a 5 gallon and cycle it for the little guys. Thank you!

I would advise against going with a smaller tank, even general recommendations state 1per 5 gallons of tank space.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk

Puffers really don't belong in a community tank unless it's the amazon puffer. They're unpredictable and will study their tank mates before trying to attack them.

Back
Top Bottom